Search Unity

No FullScreen

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by Anlage2D, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Anlage2D

Anlage2D

Hi all.
    Am I perhaps missing something, because I can't find a fullscreen button anywhere on any of the videos so far.
    This is making them very hard to watch.
    I'm really regretting my upgrade to Plus, because the courseware was my primary reason for it.

RIght clicking on the video gives "About Wistia"
    Right Clicking outside of the video area brings up the popular flash context menu.
    The zoom in function makes a big mess of everything.

I've got volume level and I've got resolution change, along with speed adjustment.
    That's it.
    No fullscreen.

Am I missing something!?

Falkein likes this.
  2. hakuna

hakuna

I was wondering the same thing. Coudln't find the fullscreen icon either. All that text in those videos really could use a fulscreen button, even the introduction video says there is one, but it is nowehre to be found.

3. atomus108

atomus108

Same problem here.

Falkein likes this.
  4. Aisthorpe

Aisthorpe

same, this is really bad!

5. JaafarNas18

JaafarNas18

Hey unity, please take a look into this. lots of people are having trouble with this

6. ma1onso

ma1onso

Same problem here

7. ktyan

ktyan

Unity Technologies

Hi, everyone,

There is a known issue with the fullscreen video option in the Courseware, which we actively investigating solutions for. This is unfortunately not as straightforward a problem to resolve as we'd like, but we are hoping to have a solution available as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime, and apologies for the inconvenience!

- Karena

MathiasK likes this.
  8. kendrew

kendrew

Hi, Karena.

The problem still occuring, when this will has a solution?

Best,

Elias.

9. Cosmon2017

Cosmon2017

Any news on this?

10. unityGaming4ever

unityGaming4ever

:( No full screen.I will use telescope now because of no hope of getting solution.

11. Tarrag

Tarrag

press F

12. bellshapedhead

bellshapedhead

God I love the press 'F' nonsense!

What I have found is that on my Windows 10 machine IE 11.0 Works. Safari on the Mac I have works. Chrome and Firefox (Windows) on the latest builds do not. The problem appears to be related to cross-origin requests. For Chrome and Firefox the server must have a specific header to allow the cross-origin requests. Others (less safe) allow wildcards.

To see this for yourself open the developer tools in the browser. The load.php? command (https://cdnapise.kaltura.com/html5/html5lib/v2.55.2/load.php?......... ) seems to be the issue. There is an excellent post at https://www.webdavsystem.com/ajax/programming/cross_origin_requests that addresses the problem with cross-origin requests and the differences between the browsers

If you are using Chrome or Firefox (and are on Windows) the simplest solution is to hold your nose and use IE. Full-screen works fine there.

Al

13. MetalAria

MetalAria

Hi all,

There is now full screen support in the courseware. See the attached image! Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

14. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Doesn't work in Opera on Mac. Pressing the button does nothing. Works in Safari though.

15. LZielinski

LZielinski

Can you please send a mail with this information to education@unity3d.com? That way I can get you into our support ticket system and track your issue there.

Also, have you tried Chrome or Firefox? I'd be curious to see how those work out. Thanks!