Search Unity

Games [Newbie] Dice movement help

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by User140, Aug 21, 2017.

1. User140

User140

Hello all,

I have been teaching myself to program for a few months using online tutorials. So far I can make simple few line programs, mostly on Java and C#. I am trying to learn more by attempting simple projects.

I created a six sided dice (1 x 1 x 1 cm)with triggers on each side. I am looking for ways to control the way a user interacts with the dice. The dice will start on a plane surface with the number 1 showing. I want to rotate the dice in an orthogonal direction. The rotation should result with a dice resting on a plane and showing the number 2,3,4 or 5. Ideally, the program will allow the user will rotate the dice once only, so the dice will only move 1 cm. How can I do this? Is there a tutorial that can help, I have been watching Unity Tutorial but did not find what I am looking for? Do you have a similar program that you can share with me?

Thank you in advance.

2. Serinx

Serinx

3. User140

User140

I have searched the previous answers and did not find what i was looking for.

4. Serinx

Serinx

I mean you should post in the answers forum, Works In Progress is for getting feedback on games and assets you're working on.

5. User140

User140

That makes sense. Thanks. I am really enjoying coding. And this forum is awesome.