Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

New preview Windows build not 'launching'

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by Vanamerax, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Hey there!

First of all thanks for making a new preview build available to us! Greatly appreciated!

I decided to test the new runtime for a procedural voxel engine I am making, which makes heavy use of threading so it might be a nice test for the new runtime.

However, when building the project to a windows x64 build, the build completes fine and all files appear, but when I try to launch the created executable it doesn't show anything. The windows cursor shows the 'loading' animation for a second, after which nothing happens. No opening window, no proces in task manager, nothing. Playing from within the editor seems to be working fine however.

Am I missing something here?

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This should work (at least, it has worked in our testing). Can you try an empty project? Maybe there is something specific in your project causing a problem.

3. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Just tested an empty project. Seems to work fine. Should I file a bug report?

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Yes, please do so! This preview build should have the bug reporter working properly, so you can do it directly from the editor in the preview build. Thanks!

5. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

I just tried rebuilding my project, the new build suddenly does work. I still filed a bug report however: Case 877447. Not sure what is happening here. I attached both builds to the bug report. Both builds should be built from the exact same configuration. I haven't changed any settings or code inbetween. I did switch project between the builds in order to test building an empty project.

6. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Thanks, we will investigate this.

7. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Let me know if you need more information. Just to be sure I will also attach the editor log here:

Attached Files: