Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[New Hardware] Depth-VR says Hi ! ——a holographic-like visual device with unity sdk

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by vinjelly, Mar 9, 2014.

1. vinjelly

vinjelly

[This is not a product advertising post , administrator please don't delete it Thank you! We are brothers to collect opinions and views :) ]

Hello everyone, we are a company committed to developing a virtual reality equipment, Depth-VR
    Our product is basically a head tracking device mounted on a normal display, you can simply mount it on your monitor, then , run our Unity DEMO , and you will see something like this :

Demo 1( Large Scale Scene ) http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjgxNzQ2Nzk2.html
    Demo 2( a FPS game ) http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjgxNzQwNTM2.html
    Demo 3( something else ) http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjcwNjU5MzE2.html

Basically , it measurements your head position 200 times per second , through your head position it calculates the appropriate projection, so that you will see an holographic-like image in front of you , u can simply move your head around to observe the 3D objects you created , in truly 3D-form ! not any Plane Image displayed on your monitor ! it gives you the feeling that you can actually touch it !
    Until this stage, we have just completed the hardware R D work, but we have created a complete Unity SDK .. After getting this hardware, you only need to import a " special camera " and mount it to your original camera in your game : and your unity application / game will be like what's shown in the video , just like that ..
    We do not have a website yet, it's embarrassing .... but it will be online in two weeks :)
    For other reasons, I can only reveal so much information (except that it will be very low price ^___^
    This post is not officially released, officially released in about early April . ( Also we will launch on kickstarter )
    So the purpose of this post is basically a collection of everyone's feedback : (This question seems a bit silly) but we really want to know , after the showing these videos to you , if the price of this hardware is right , will you be interested in trying it, or if you have any questions, we would like to hear your questions, thank you !
    your opinion is what drives us forward ^___^

2. vinjelly

vinjelly

anyone say something ~~

3. TheRaider

TheRaider

links don't work, or extrodinarily slow, but I gave up

4. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

It works for me, but its super slow.

5. Metron

Metron

Now... that is cool :)

6. ThunderTruck

ThunderTruck

Totally awesome...!!!
    When will it be for sale?
    And the price around?

7. vinjelly

vinjelly

Truly sorry about that !I will give another post with youtube link inside = =!

8. MaxRoetzler

MaxRoetzler

Waiting out the loading time was worth it, your system is pretty cool! looking forward to see more of it.

and "very low price" is always a good read ^^

9. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Really slick. Although like others mentioned, the videos take forever to load.

10. vinjelly

vinjelly

Thank you guys !! there had been a lot of positive feed backs and we really appreciate that !
    These days we have some new developments in the Visual Effects , pretty cool new stuff......but not ready for video presentation , so the links below is actually the same old stuff :)

for the "price" question , we think it's still early to reveal ... but it's almost like leapmotion :)
    facebook twitter new Eye-Candys coming soon .....

11. vinjelly

vinjelly

just gave a post with youtube link :)

12. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

I merged your two posts. It does look pretty cool I have to say. Nice idea too!

13. wmaass88

wmaass88

I'd definitely put this to use. Good job!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  14. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Is there any visual distortion when viewing your screen, I can't tell from the videos? What limitations have you experienced?

Anyways fantastic job, and if it has a good price point, Im in!