Search Unity

New Gradle Build Unity 2017 overwrites all of res folder every build

Discussion in 'Android' started by Deleted User, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Basically I am integrating Unity with some native android activities which I have working fine. However every time I rebuild from Unity into the Android project it overwrites all of the stuff in the res folder which means I have to copy all the xml (layout/dimens/colours etc.) files back into the project. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for how to get around this, everything else in the project is fine all my java classes stay the same and the libraries I am using stay there.

It is mostly just really annoying but I am going to be using Android Studio/Unity combo for building multiple apps (>10) so having to redo this every time I need to rebuild will be taking up a lot of extra time.

2. liortal

liortal

Why are you exporting to Android Studio?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

As I said in the above post I am integrating my Unity game with native Android activities. These activities are implementing the AWS Android sdk (the Unity AWS sdk does not have all the features we need). I chose to integrate this way simply because it works nicer when using native Android while there would have been a lot of extra things I would have to do in order to get it working the same way with Unity.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

5. pranav_ps95

pranav_ps95

Hey I am facing the same issue after updating the project to Unity 2019. Till Unity 2018, I would simply remove the comment from the generated gradle file and unity would stop overwriting all my files, but now it doesn't seem to be working, could you explain your solution in a little detail ? I tried using sourceSets, but it doesn't seem to work.