Search Unity

Neural network design.

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by TokyoDan, May 25, 2017.

1. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

How would you go about designing a neural network-like system that is not an AI system, but a system for sending/receiving messages between nodes and end points?

It would have to:
    1. Be made up of interconnected major, minor nodes, end points.
    2. Major nodes communicate only the nodes that are directly connected to it.
    3. Major nodes can select which connected nodes to communicate with. e.g. all nodes, major only, minor only, a specific node.
    4. Communications are in two types: 1) simple messages. 2). messages with payloads.

I already can imagine how I could do this in C#. But might this be better handled with a state machine like Mecanim, PlayMaker; or a behaviour tree like Behaviour Designer? Or some other technology/Asset.

2. neoshaman

neoshaman

That makes zero sense right there

3. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Instead of spending time being an as*hole, why don't you spend that same time being helpful!

4. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

I don't want it to think or have AI. I want it just to be a network that handles sending messages (determined by the player) between nodes.

5. neoshaman

neoshaman

I can't because it does not mean anything, you can't make something that is like a neural network but is not an AI and description of node don't match anything neural network do. It's like division by 0, it's impossible, so you need to reformulate the question, probably eliminating non sensical and input and resubmit something that can be process.

HolBol and RavenOfCode like this.
  6. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Well that is more helpful. Maybe this is the wrong place for my question. I don't want an AI nor an actual neural net, just something that looks like the diagrams of neural networks with interconnected nodes, pathways, end-nodes. And all these nodes do is send signal/messages back and forth. Which signals are sent, and from/to which nodes theses signals are sent is determined by the player.

If my question bothers you and you think it should be posted in another section I'll delete it so as not to upset any others.

7. Ryiah

Ryiah

It's the wrong section.

That said it has nothing to do with upsetting people. You're simply not going to get the responses you want because the people who know the answers to your questions almost never come to this section of the forum or they come here with the intention of discussing game design.

If you want to discuss this with the correct people you would be far better off with General Discussion or Scripting.

JoeStrout likes this.
  8. neoshaman

neoshaman

I want t do that too ... someday ... and I have no idea now too :D LMAO

9. coverpage

coverpage

Processes in nodes with a messaging system between nodes exist in some frameworks but not games. For example search Robot Operating System (ROS). Nodes are highly reusable and they publish and subscribe to data.

But this makes sense in robotics where there are many types of hardware for each data. So a hundred different types of cameras all coming out with rgb frames. And then it is perhaps sent to another node which uses those frames to do mapping. So this mapping node may have many dozens different variants. Therefore for reusability sake this messaging approach makes sense.

I'm not sure how this kind of messaging approach would be an appropriate architecture for games.