Search Unity

Network will not disconnect unresponsive peers. Ignores DisconnectTimeout.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by NongBenz, Mar 31, 2017.

1. NongBenz

NongBenz

Hi I'm the lead dev of Broke Protocol (brokeprotocol.com) and I've been having trouble with the LLAPI... It won't disconnect unresponsive clients until all server network resources are used up (message pools, etc., checked logs), and then it disconnects many players at once.

Even with the disconnect timeout as low as 1 second.... clinets that are stuck/paused/crashed can remain connected for along time until server network resources are finished.

Any ideas? Please need help ASAP as the game is live for testing now.

EDIT: It seems the editor client remains responsive to pings even when paused? If so, then that's an unexpected behavior.. after releasing the standalone client everything seems to work ok.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  2. NongBenz

NongBenz

I tested this with a client in the editor, connected to the gameserver. Even when the client is paused in the editor window... and then Unpuasing it after 30 seconds or more... it will receive all the queued packets and still continue as normal... Pause for long enough and have server resources running out and many errors.

The client cannot respond to Pings from the server when it's paused in the editor can it?

3. aabramychev

aabramychev

Unity Technologies

@NongBenz Hmm, it is very strange. and definitely looks like a bug.

Please generate bug about this, and me (as I'm on bug fixing) will take a look on this today, if I will find problem I will fix today or tomorrow) and fix will be available in the next patch or patch after next) if i can't i will wait for your bug and will try to reproduce.
    Will work?