Search Unity

Network.InitializeServer crashes

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by iret, May 11, 2009.

1. iret

iret

Hi,

I've encountered some strange behaviour in my project after implementing some cool menu effects:

First I had my menus in seperate scenes, loaded using LoadLevel. There's one menu scene that starts a new network game and it's script calls InitializeServer and stuff when pressing "start server" button (code based on the tutorial). Everything works perfectly right.

But then I decided to use LoadLevelAdditive, because I wanted some seamless menu transitions. After implementing this approach, InitializeServer stopped working and freezes my Unity at all (tested on several Win machines and Macs). Only killing Unity process helps in this situation.

Network code is still the same. When switching back from LoadLevelAdditive to LoadLevel everything works again - without any other change. My networking script has it's own NetworkView component attached to it's GO. There's only this NetworkView at the moment to avoid any confusion.

I am not aware of anything in my other menu scenes, that could interfere with networking.

Is there anybody else who has experienced something like this? Dunno what I made wrong. :(

Shouldn't I use LoadLevelAdditive together with InitializeServer or is there somehing important to take care of, that I could have missed?

Thank you for any hint! :)

bye