Search Unity

Need help making game to showcase 2D art & sound FX.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Rasseru, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Rasseru

Rasseru

I want to make a simple game to showcase some 2D art and music/sound fx I do. I have lots of weird creatures that like fighting and/or shooting each other with magic.

I dont have great hardly any coding skills, or game dev experience :/ a couple of questions..?

1: The idea of Templates is great, can anyone recommend one thats good for a fun 2D art&sound showcase? I like the beat-em-up one, seems perfect for some weird monsters to fight each other. ,also is there a good top-down shooter? (edit*, ive read the review for the beatemup & it looks broken) maybe an RPG template? I want something fun & fluid with bouncy gameplay

2: Can you merge templates? Like if I like the general theme of the beat-em-up template but want simple RPG elements can they be merged, or at least copied across, the code? (well I know it could but does this work in an actual real life example or does it make too many problems?)

Cheers for any help!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. SarfaraazAlladin

SarfaraazAlladin

Does this project need to be interactive, or does it suit you to just have your animations & audio playing passively like a video?

1. I can't recommend any templates sadly, but you should look into Mecanim to see if you can get things off the ground with it

2. It depends on the templates, to be honest. some may play well together, but others may have weird overlapping functionality that makes things hard. Sorry there's no clear answer here! If you just want the aesthetics from one and the code from the other though, it should be fine.