Search Unity

>Need Help< CommandInvocation error and Null reference exception

Discussion in '2D' started by GameCash, Apr 1, 2017.

1. GameCash

GameCash

At this point I am almost about to switch game engines i'm getting so frustrated. I am currently creating a game and i'm at the testing stage, so i downloaded the testing example provided by unity with the red cube etc. no matter what i do for {android} there seems to be a problem with the SDK. I have tried all solutions at this point, re-downloading older one, this and that. so i have boiled it down to 2 errors, 1 with the older SDK, and 1 with the newer SDK with android manager...
    Here is the problem with the old SDK :
    Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to resolve build tools directory. See the Console for more details.
    C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_121\bin\java.exe -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="C:/Users/imabe/Desktop/SSDDKK/tools\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\sdktools.jar" -
    and
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.CheckAndroidSdk.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PrepareForBuild (BuildOptions options, BuildTarget target)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PrepareForBuild (BuildOptions options, BuildTarget target)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.PrepareForBuild (BuildOptions options, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:98)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()
    with the other new one its:
    CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct. See the Console for more details.
    C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_121\bin\java.exe -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="C:/Users/imabe/AppData/Local/Android/sdk1\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\sdktools.jar" -

stderr[
    Error:Invalid command android
    ]
    stdout[

]
    exit code: 64
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandInternal (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandSafe (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

PLEASE HELP, I WANT TO REALLY USE UNITY3D INSTEAD OF THE OTHERS. this problem occurs with my game and the unity test one. THANK YOU

2. GameCash

GameCash

BUMP! help plz

3. ethanwgross

ethanwgross

Man, same issue, has anyone found a feasible solution to this?

4. GameCash

GameCash

Hey bro, i actually figured it out.
    Had to rename a couple files and also do the enviromental variables. After I put the jdk bin folder to an enviromental varibale, i then seen that one of the sdk's i had was actually the "tools" folder that unity was complaining about. So i went to my original sdk and deleted the original tools folder and replaced it with my tools folder i had named "ssddkk". so after i replaced that tools folder with ssddkk i renamed ssddkk to just Tools. It worked. can test my game now. Unity confused me with the "platform tools" error when it was just the tools that was a problem, and also sdk's cannot be on the desktop like guy said above me. message me if anyone else had this problem and need pictures..thanks again

ethanwgross likes this.