Search Unity

Need a shader made

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Sync1B, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Sync1B

Sync1B

Alright well I have no knowledge of these shaders or how to make one I asked in the support forum about making a shader that could color the alpha parts of my texture. ( http://forum.otee.dk/viewtopic.php?t=932 ) Nicholas gave me a great little shader for that, witch at the moment is coloring the opposite area that it's supposed to, I think I messed some thing up. Any way what I want is to be able to use that but also use the bumped specular shader that comes with unity. Now like I said I have no knowledge of these shaders but it seems that you might be able to just combine them? I may be talking out my ass, if so tell me. Also if this is some thing that would take a long time forget it, I know every one else has projects there working on. I just thought this might be sorta easy because the 2 pieces that would be needed are there. So if any one would be so kind to help me out on this I would repay you by worshiping the ground you walk on! :D
    Thanks
    Sync

2. freyr

freyr

The shader you got uses the alpha channel to control where it should use the texture colour, right? If it's opposite, can't you just inverse the alpha channel in Photoshop?

3. Sync1B

Sync1B

Actually turns out that there was some thing weird in the code for that shader, nicholas fixed it. Is it easy to combine the bumpmap shader and that shader? I might have to just try this my self... :?
    sync