Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

NavMeshAgent size problem

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by PhilSA, Mar 1, 2017.

1. PhilSA

PhilSA

I have noticed a problem with NavMeshAgents in 5.6b6 and b9. The radiuses and heights of the agents do not update properly in NavMeshAgent instances; they only seem to affect the actual baking of the navmesh. Case in point:

This creates problems for avoidance of other agents. There is lots of inter-penetration between agents, because they all think their radius is the default 0.5.

I've also noticed that in the new NavmeshComponents examples project, in the scene "1_multiple_agent_sizes", they avoid this problem by using the super-bad-and-dangerous practice of scaling the agent GameObjects directly to fit the agent sizes that they have entered in the "Agents" panel, which is not a good solution in most real-life scenarios.

Is there a fix (or a decent workaround (or something I didn't understand correctly)) for this?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. xAvatarchikx

xAvatarchikx

Hello! Have you found a solution to this problem?

3. PhilSA

PhilSA

it appears to be fixed in the latest patches of 5.6.1 according to the release notes

4. xAvatarchikx

xAvatarchikx

I tested in assemblies 2017.1.0b9 5.6.1p3, a behavior similar to you .. maybe you need to fix a new patch 5.6.1p4, but there I did not see anything about ai

5. PhilSA

PhilSA

actually... I thought I saw it in the patch releases at some point, but now I can't find it anymore. Maybe I imagined it

6. krides

krides

I'm having the same problem years later. Has anyone figured out what to do about this?

7. DisCr

DisCr

NavMesh Agent size can be changed in the inspector window.

adriant likes this.