Search Unity

Navmesh and doors

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by undyingwill, Mar 10, 2017.

1. undyingwill

undyingwill

Hello, i have really annoying problem with navigation mesh.. I have a whole level with floors, doors and everything. When i bake navigation, floors get blue, but the path from one room to another where the door is, remains not blue. I have tried to remove the doors before baking the navigation, but it is all the same... AI cant get from one room to another.

Attached Files:

2. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

The navmesh bake process includes only areas with enough horizontal and vertical clearance as walkable.

please check:
    • Is the width of the door opening less than 2* "Agent Radius" in the bake settings?
    • Is the vertical distance from door threshold to lintel less than the "Agent Height" in the bake settings?

- and adjust accordingly

3. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Huh? So how do you bake through a doorway?

4. GreaserMonkey

GreaserMonkey

I had this exact same problem that when navmesh was baked the rooms could not connect. I found out that if the wall with the doorway was one object it would prevent navmesh connecting the rooms. The solution is to make a separate wall part for the upper part of the doorway wall and add a navmesh modifier component to it and then check the "Ignore from build" option and there you go!

You can get the Unity navmesh components from https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/NavMeshComponents

Have fun!

upload_2020-3-17_20-37-54.png

upload_2020-3-17_20-41-54.png

5. PavelLangweil

PavelLangweil

@GreaserMonkey, I have a little different setup, but basically the navmesh does go through the doorway even when the room walls / doorway are a single object. I thought exactly the same thing like you, that I might need to separate it into multiple objects, but nope. I punched a hole by extruding / erasing faces.

upload_2021-5-5_18-57-33.png

GreaserMonkey likes this.