Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

NavMesh Agent profiles, is this working ?

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by BigB, Feb 22, 2017.

1. BigB

BigB

Hi everyone,

I'm just playing around with 5.9b, and I think there's a problem with the navmesh agent.
    I have an agent that moves correctly with the default type "Humanoid", but when I define my own type, let's call it "Humanoid 2", the character doesn't move.
    I keep getting the ""SetDestination" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh." error.
    Even if Humanoid 2 profile is the exact same as Humanoid, it won't work, only works with the default humanoid.
    Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug ?

Thanks !
    Bruno

Xepherys likes this.
  2. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

If you change the agent type - make sure you have a matching navmesh for that agent type to walk on.
    in other words: you need to have a navmesh baked for "Humanoid 2" - the agent cannot 'see' navmeshes for other agent types

3. BigB

BigB

I can't see any option in the navmesh to select "this navmesh is for humanoid", "this navmesh is for humanoid 2".
    Same thing in the Agents profile, I can't select there what navmesh should I use for a particular Agent.
    Where do I do that ?

Another thing, when I change agent Radius or Agent height, nothing changes in the Scene view, so I can't see the real radius/height of the agent.
    It only changes in the small blue sprite in the Inspector window.

sarahnorthway likes this.