Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Multiple Canvases in root Canvas with "CanvasScaler" are broken (5.4.0f1).

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by fiumenome, Jul 21, 2016.

1. fiumenome

fiumenome

When there are multiple Canvases in root Canvas with "CanvasScaler", some child Canvas's RectTransform are broken.

1. Put a root Canvas (named as Root) with CanvasScaler (UI Scale Mode: Constant Pixel Size, Scale Factor: 2, Reference Pixels Per Unit: 100).

2. Put two or multiple Canvases (Pixel Perfect: Inherit) which RectTransform is streched as Root Canvas' child.

3. Play, then one or some Canvas(es)' RectTransform streched mode are broken. As a result, the RectTransform is left-bottom mode.

Attached Files:

• Test.gif
      Test.gif
      File size:
      550.6 KB
      Views:
  2. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

Could you file a bug with the example already set up?

3. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

4. fiumenome

fiumenome

I filed a bug example at #816381.

5. Riderfan

Riderfan

We're seeing something very similar. I can not post specifics in this forum but have a thread in the console specific forum.

But basically, all our screens have exploded with RC2 and yet worked fine in Beta 23.

This is not a release candidate.

6. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

To follow up on the thread, we're not able to repro the bug/condition in our upcoming f3. So, unless others provide a specific case/bug report, we're going to assume we've addressed this.

7. beNice

beNice

Hello, @Alex-Lian.

5.4.0f3 still has this bug of causing children canvases to lock down to the bottom left on play or when reloading the scene.

8. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

@beNice after much trying found the root cause and why it wasn't on every project. I have a fix that i'm running through extensive testing before releasing.

PBaille and fiumenome like this.