Search Unity

Multiplayer Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Next Update?

1. Collision

50 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Day Night Cycle

72 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Save the level , skills and inventory...

152 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Character Customization

92 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Teleportation portals

13 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Basic GM commands

37 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Resolution dependand GUI

15 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am doing the final work( tutorials, rework character creation, writing some comments into code...) .

2-3 days...

2. rockysam888

rockysam888

Where could we buy this multiplayer kit?

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

It will be availible on my site in a few days

4. DevionGames

DevionGames

I hope it will be availible on Friday, waiting for copoun codes from arteria where you will get 50% discount on any pack and 30% on membership :D

5. rockysam888

rockysam888

Is the kit related to arteria?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  6. DevionGames

DevionGames

No not realy, but you can get Models at a reduced rate if you buy this pack.

7. jake-gr

jake-gr

how is the AI pathing worked out? is it manual waypoints, or is there server collision authoritive code?
    curious how you have the enemies chase the player

8. DevionGames

DevionGames

At the moment there is no collision with objects like building, chests... but you have to export the terrain data with the included editor and put the file into the servers main folder. The server will load the data on startup and save it in a array. Based on this data and interpolation is the ai pathing. But the client does some correction on the hights, ( server checks if the correction is in a specified -+area).

You have the positions of the enemies based on the terrain data and you have the position of the player.---> chase the player ---> no problem

I plan server collision(Buildings, objects...) in the next updates.

9. Avanger

Avanger

so for crismas will be ready??

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

It is almost done(first version for sell) i will finish it today, but i have to wait for the discount keys.

11. jake-gr

jake-gr

will be nice to see the collision stuff, the rest of your kit wont fit my needs... but server collision checking with SFS2X... id buy your kit just for that ;)

12. DevionGames

DevionGames

For that you have to wait a few weeks :D

13. DevionGames

DevionGames

You can buy this kit here!

If you already purchased my rpg kit you will get 20% discount on this product(contact me for that.)

The first 3 purchaser will get 2 hour of custom work( if i can do that) for free.

14. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thanks to the first purchase so only the next 2 purchaser will get 2 hours of custom work!

15. Mantis1

Mantis1

Congratulations Zerano very nice work I just purchased your kit, is this the final version or will you offer updates?

16. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes there will be updates, i plan the next update in 2-3 weeks. May be the collision integration, because i am very interested in that :D

17. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Have you done a server stress test?(of course things would change depending of specs and internet speed) how dose this handle say 1000 players simultaneously? also with your kit do you think it would be hard to say stop animations if there are to many people in the area?

Anychance you could post a webplayer so i could check it out?

18. maidamedia

maidamedia

Can I use all these function for single plaayer? I am not interested in multiplayer.
    I would like to use my game inside Facebook, so can I use Facebook login instead of your pack's login? And also, is it possible to integrate inventory items with Facebook credits system?

You did a great work. Any Christmas coupon code?:D

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  19. DevionGames

DevionGames

No i have not done a stress test i have only the free version of sfs2x, which supports 100 ccu. Someone in my skype list give me access to his server, so i will setup a demo(after christmas).

The client has only a minimum of code, it displays only the graphic(3d models, gui...), the code is written on the server. This is not made for a singleplayer game. I am not a facebook friend, so i do not know a lot about facebook and can't realy say about that.

20. DevionGames

DevionGames

Last chance to get 2 hour of custom Work!
    (2/3)

21. DevionGames

DevionGames

I do not have access to the server anymore-link removed-

Server is running, but there is no npc respawner, i have to add this in the next update, so if someone is faster and killes all npcs and collects all items, there will no new items spawned. I will restart server tommorow and add a respawnsystem...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  22. DevionGames

DevionGames

Restarted server again, working on a respawn system :D

23. alanis

alanis

I am very interested on a unity multiplayer kit, but unfortunately the demo does not help at all,
    after trying the demo , I dont really like it at all.

reason why it was a turn off for me:

- does not seem to have error messages , ie: if creating a new character and name already taken, or name too short etc.. instead the game freezes. that is what i noticed , unless the game froze on me cuz had to restart it while creating a new character.

I think the third person camera should have a better mechanics, ie: to not spin the character if pressing right tor left keys "A" or "D".

does not feel good while walking, it just is not right at all, the character feels so lazy (heavy), hehe.

dont see any examples of the game logic mechanics, ie: questing system, advancement system etc.........

only thing i notice is the send private message. and the quest system doesnt really showanything at all.

so far I only see malee combat from npcs, but not melee from player character, only npc hits you, unless i missed something.

Maybe it is just me, ie: my system setup, but the game constant freezes every 5 secs while walking, that is a big turnoff for me.

With all due respect to the kit creator, but I think this demo does not really helps at all to gain any customers. I am not saying that the kit is poorly coded since i dont know it yet, but the demo does not help at all.

I think you need to put a little but time on the actual player controller manuverability. more agile third person camera, idk. it just does not feel right for me. add more npc interactions, add combat from character side so whoever is checking the demo will get the feel of the kit

like I side before, I dont want to be rude, but this is a positive criticism, the reason why I did not purchased his kit. once i played the demo it just made me to look away. sorry
    this is my honest point of view, so the kit developer knows why i did not purchased from him.

unless this is not an rpg or rts etc.. game logic kit but just client and server setup, because $100 is not something I really would like to spend on the actual kit.

best of luck in your future hoping this review will help the kit developer to make the kit more robust for those of us who expect more from their purchase.

kindly.

24. DevionGames

DevionGames

alanis thank you for you comment!

I should maybe say some controlls:

I - Inventory
    C - Character
    T - Talent trees

With 1 you can attack npcs. You can also drag the talent icons like in the videos... You can also rotate camera with the right mouse button drag...

I will add some more checks for the character creation.

But i have no problems, if i am ingame my character does not freeze every 5 seconds.

After your comment, i am thinking about reduce the price for the current setup of kit. (working on it, the price will raise...)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  25. Wikened

Wikened

Hello Zerano, I sent you a PM on Skype :) ( Sith.Wikened or Name: Vincent Racine ).

Btw Alanis, I get no such problems as you described. Maybe it's your computer, but I got no errors and tested the multiplayer with multiple clients and it worked fine!

I feel it is unfair for Zerano to reduce his price after working for MONTH's on this project. Before anyone gets any idea's, try it out for yourself. This pack will save you months of work.

26. DevionGames

DevionGames

Ohh thank you, i thought a lot about alanis comment, i wanted already to delete all this because i am a hobby programmer and maybe not good enough to do packages like that.

Of course this is not a ready game, and not all is perfect, there is a lot of work to make a playable game from this kit, it is only a starter.

27. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Just downloading now:), you should make a webplayer version and put it in a dropbox :D it would make it more acessable

28. DevionGames

DevionGames

I see that the player Tyler can't login are you using the right password, because if i try to login with your data all works perfect.

29. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

i tryed to log on but it froze at the player creation screen. im going away for a few days then ill try. Do you think that this would work with.android with just difernt input?

30. DevionGames

DevionGames

I do not know, if it will work with android, i have no experience with android.

I have some crossdomain security problems for the webplayer, because i use the www class for php registration.

Of course you can try it, but the registration will not work:
    I do not have access to the server anymore-link removed-

User: test
    Password: test

If a player is already loged in with the test account you will simply kick the current player...

31. maidamedia

maidamedia

It frozed when I pressed create. So curious to see it ...
    Anyway I think you have to give some importance to Facebook: you are working on a multiplayer kit and Facebook is a good platform where friend can play together. Just my 2 cents.
    You are doing a really good work.
    Thanks

32. DevionGames

DevionGames

I found the bug, which made the crash!
    In my tests i was very fast in selecting the character or creating the character, so i had no crash, because in that time there were no requests to the server and the server disconnected the client.

will be fixed in the next release

33. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thanks for the next purchase, you are one of the 3 (3/3), who gets 2h custom work for free :D

34. DevionGames

DevionGames

Small Update:

-fixed crash on login/create character
    -shop system (buy/sell items)
    -save position of the player

Shop:

Shop Selling Items:

Shop Gold Display:

Who already bought it, should have a notification email, that you can download the new version.

35. Avanger

Avanger

save position didnt worck

36. Avanger

Avanger

no sry worck

37. DevionGames

DevionGames

Comming soon:

-link removed see below-

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  38. coffinsnail

coffinsnail

I would suggest doing more research on games before you claim it to be like another. Infact did you know all games since everquest use their quest system because it is well made and structured as well as proven to work? Thus does that mean WOW is just EQ remake? Honestly while some things may appear wow based in his idea this is probably because his workflow is based of what he knows and understands. This however does not mean you cant tweak it. Like someone asked earlier UO is a skill based system which all but one game i know is xp based, thus the skill trees all look the same. Earn x level get y skill for z class. I would like to see something along the lines of 9dragons, it has a level to obtain skill, but skills also require use like UO.

anyways remember guys that have little MMO experience everything in WOW was copied, thus dont judge someones idea off WOW when in reality WOW was a copy of everything that existed already in some other game.

My question is this. Has someone created a EQ Quest system yet? since that is the base every major company uses?! that would be something worth paying for defenityl.

@Zerano btw was not picking on you just using your comment as a bases for my reply. All tho i do have one suggestion about your site. could you put in the cost next to the buy button. to many sites have tried to auto charge me when i click on buy icons to check the price. and nice work on your offering i might even look into grabing some of your work :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  39. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes of course i can, will do it today!

And yeah, i have made it a little bit wow like because people asked for that :D

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  40. shaky

shaky

just bought this kit and had some issues with me being a noob and Zerano went out of his way to fix it for me,
    cant thank you enough and really neat mmo package cant wait to see updates in the future ;)

41. DevionGames

DevionGames

No problem and thank you, you can be sure there will be a lot of updates :D

Next one will be pvp, guild system and in february after my exams i want to start with the collision.

@coffinsnail: Prices added on the site.

42. coffinsnail

coffinsnail

cool thanks zerano i did peek at your offering and i will probably be using some once im comfortable with unity and can see the cost being to my benefit, just a noob beginner here :)

43. Black-Hill852

Black-Hill852

Great work!

But i have a problem to compile the Player. When I go to build (WebPlayer or Standalone) i became the same Errors:

Exception: Error building Player: Extracting referenced dlls failed.
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.BuildPlayerWithDefaultSettings (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions forceOptions) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindow.cs:367)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.GUIBuildButtons (Boolean enableBuildButton, Boolean enableBuildAndRunButton, Boolean canInstallInBuildFolder) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindow.cs:979)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.ShowBuildTargetSettings () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindow.cs:953)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindow.cs:726)

I hope u can fix that. Keep on the great work

44. DevionGames

DevionGames

Please put the System.Data.dll and Mysql.Data.dll to the editor folder, it should fix that.

45. Avanger

Avanger

when will be the next update??

46. Black-Hill852

Black-Hill852

I fixed my problem. But the standalone player doesn't work. It becomes whitescreen

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  47. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yeah i have seen this bug, please add in the LobbyGUI.cs following to the start method:

It is fixed in the next version, i am only preparing the group system/ pvp system then i will release the next version.

48. Black-Hill852

Black-Hill852

thank's :) It works fine.

My Ideas:

Realtimesystem: A system that can manage the time for Events, or Day Night Cycle,..
    Zoneswitcher 1: A Portal that we could switch to a other Scene.
    Zoneswitcher 2: A Interface like the Battleground System in WoW to switch to Battleground or Instances.
    Party System: A Party System where could Player Play in A Group
    GUI: I love more the GUI from u're RPG Pack.
    Starting Screen: Logo, Logo, Loginscreen, Game
    Friendlist and Guild System have u in u're Planing I see
    Multi Terrain to Server System: Example: Big Ocean = Terrain 1 Isle 1 = Terrain 2 etc. For more then one Terrain in a Scene.
    Auctionhouse: A Ebay from u're new Item Shop;)
    Ticket and Gamemaster System: Ticket System a Player can send a Ticket. Ticket will save in the Database and a GM can read it.
    Travel and Letter System: A head to head travel from Players, And A Mailbox for Mails;)

Update:

Show the Name over Enemies and Player Chars and Npc
    Chat Scroll Automaticly

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  49. DevionGames

DevionGames

-link removed see below-

I think the next version will be in 1-2 days ready. All bugs above are fixed in the next version...
    The Price will raise a little bit with this version.

Regards
    Zerano

50. DevionGames

DevionGames

Update 0.2

FIXED
    - whitescreen in standalone
    - Extracting referenced dlls failed.
    - QuestEditor: you can now only choose npc with the type of QuestNpc

NEW

Banking System:

Group System:

PvP:

- Editor script Config.cs added to configurate your database connection.
    - some more small changes...

You can now download it :D

Price for new customers is 110$, buy it before the price raise again.