Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Next Update?

1. Collision

50 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Day Night Cycle

72 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Save the level , skills and inventory...

152 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Character Customization

92 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Teleportation portals

13 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Basic GM commands

37 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Resolution dependand GUI

15 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

lol,

was he serious?

wow, what a guy,

he sure knows how to blow away any new client or future buyers prospects, lol
    \well , there you have it folks,

I would think twice before looking to buy this kit from the man himself,

you will definitely will blow your money away into a dead end support project worth $150
    to the eyes of the creator,

lol, he just showed his true side.

what a guy,
    he has the guts to write that reply like you want this?, you know the price, but dont expect much from me after I take your money.'

lol, priceless.

Good luck everyone.

2. Stoppered

Stoppered

Firstly congratulations on zerano work, I really liked a lot and I think it was a money well spent
    if I had more money for sure I would pay more because it's a job well done, and you have to understand that everything in life that you are dedicated you spend time and effort you have to be rewarded for it because everything that requires much of you is a job

What about people who want the "RPG Kit" Free, I ask you to think about because zerano
    it depends on it, as we all accounts he has to pay taxes this is not a joke is a serious thing, you know how game developers in the work it takes to develop something and he really struggled, devoted himself to leave the best and a big part of a game ready for you, and he's not charging expensive indeed I think it is very cheap and the proportion of that time spent in development and he is as an artist, because he developed incredible and something that will make life easier for many people who work with it and people who do not pay for the time he spent developing it, just messing updates because think, if he release all free therefore it will not have money to maintain, and will have to find another job because people do not want to pay the amount great he is proposing if you want to see a project grow, you need people to develop, and alone accounts are not paid they are paid in the sweat of each day, the time spent effort

then I ask for people who are calling for him to release it for free if put in his place, programmers typically do not earn a lot of money and release it for free, it will not have more money and consequemente have to drop the profession of programmer

and then I sincerely ask all of you who work with games, or even students who pay the sweat of the people, if you want something and someone endeavored to create what you have to reward the work of the person, I just ask that you was put in his place I guarantee you would not like to have to work with what they do not like having to change jobs because unfortunately people only think of themselves and not think hard what the other person does the dedication of the work them.

sorry for my english, I'm really sad to see that people do not care about each other and at the same time I'm happy for the great work that has zerano done, keep it up and good people will reward you as deserved, and people who want everything easy just have something to say and not go to work and expect to receive in return things fall from the sky
    Guys will not hinder him, for him to continue with the good work and being rewarded as it deserves!

Again, congratulations to you zerano
    a big hug from a fan hugs his and even more!

Regards Lucas H.

3. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

Every time I see a criticism for zeranos mediocre support it is always followed by a 1 post newly signup brown noser reply or the same user in most of threads defending. what a joke.
    lol, true side bro.

and why would I send pm instead?
    you want to avoid healthy criticism on your forum thread? I thought forums were designed so users like you and I can express themselves as public.

"Stoppered" pretty much shared serranos language barrier, lol I wonder if was the same dude,lol

dude, noone is asking for a freebie , all we ask to support his product and to price his product to what its worth.

Hell, there is a pirated version of zerranos multiplayer kit outhere and I am still willing on support zerranos work,
    so even knowing there is a free version outhere, I still want to contribute to his work by buying a license,

but every time he makes it less appealing to give him our hard earned money.

maybe he dont need it,

his loss,
    anyways there is a leaked version outhere and is his loss by being sarcastic to his supporters.

like I said before, what a way of doing business,
    maybe he does not know how to where he is from, or maybe due of where he is from way of standard business practices

anyways,
    I wish you the best of luck bro.

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I don't know about the support on Zerano's products but what I'm sure of is that he's actually working on freelance job as well, and indeed that takes time. Regarding the price I think it's pretty fair. Of course frequent updates or add ons are obviously welcome.

5. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am sorry i was hacked, working on it...
    If you got any emails in last days from me please ignore them. Do not open them.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  6. piluve

piluve

Must worrie about the paypal account?

7. Deevo

Deevo

I don't get why you keep on criticizing Zerano when you haven't paid to buy the kit. As you said its main function right now is to get one started on a SFS/Unity MMO, which would take many people days or weeks to get a hang of, and would cost more than $150 for a freelance developer to do. We are in a market system and so far many have found it to be a great time saver and worth their money spent. I know it has helped me a lot.
    The tool is great for helping people get started and you keep asking for a product that is as powerful as tools built by a MMO game company's internal tools team.
    You say "all we ask to support his product and to price his product to what its worth.", but really it's YOUR opinion of what it is worth and you don't have to buy it - it's that simple. If you find a better solution for the same price then use that one, nobody is stopping you. Every product on earth generates different opinions from people on what it is worth, your own opinion does not make a standard. I for one think his products are priced totally fine and I have not regretted paying for them at all.
    And using a pirated version is not a strong argument as pirated work costs the distributor nothing - you have to basically give your product out for free to compete price-wise against pirated work. It's not just his loss when people do not pay him, but also a loss for the community if he can't continue supporting his development and continue to save people valuable time.

8. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you for your support.

has done all this, so i am very sorry. It will not happen again.

9. hjupter

hjupter

Glad everything is back to normal.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  10. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

likeI1 said before, 1 post new user stating how good his product is, lol

true side bro, true side.

stop creating new accounts and reply to your own thread bro.

lol

11. DevionGames

DevionGames

I would be realy happy if i could speak in such great english...It is realy strange why mostly all people have only one post, you are right here.

12. KotzuLive

KotzuLive

Zerano, look in you PM inbox pls !

Keep up the good work and hope that your project is back up soon !

13. DevionGames

DevionGames

No message from you?!

14. KotzuLive

KotzuLive

funny :( cuz i have it on send :))) will resend it :)

15. skeme

skeme

Hi Zerano,

Just wondering if the videos for this kit will be uploaded to youtube or your website again? Would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

16. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well, yes but it takes time to make them again. The guy who had access to it, deleted everything, i am very sorry.

17. Gilduck

Gilduck

Hi Zerano,

I quite new to Unity with experience in other fields,
    Unfortunatly it looks like i've viewed your forum at the wrong time with post's and video's being deleted.

I am very interested in your multiplayer kit, and understand that you may have other jobs ongoing as we all usually do, but how likely is this going to be developed going forward, i have a plan of how i can adapt your product for my idea, but i'd like to check on it's current status and usability across the entire package before i consider buying, unfortunatly i can't really do that due to the hack and your don't have a restricted trial for me to interact with.

Please Pm me so i can find out some more information first hand, i'll be getting to grips with Unity until you do.

regards gilduck

18. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

Holy gacamole, :-(

looks like someone really wanted to do some damage to you zerano,
    what have you done bro, who did you pissed off so hard that did all this damage to you?

they hacked your thread, deleted all your video tutorials,
    Not only that or just pure coincidence but I stumble across the underground pirate forums and they released all your kits and assets away for free. practically all your online store products got pirated.

what happened mate?
    I read thru the underground forums threads and they seem to hate you, even you were there in those underground forums commenting like you didnt care, like if this was just a hobby to you just for fun, like it didnt even matter to you being hacked,

looks like you saw that coming, like if you pissed someone so bad and you knew what was going to happen, there is even a reputation of you there,
    they say you release all your kits all unfinished and intentionally with bugs so your new clients with insufficient programming knowledge will have to contact you and you will charge them again freelance jobs for extra money to fix your own bugs.
    instead of releasing a new free update for all your clients.

is this true mate?

There was a partner of you here, I dont see him anymore, was he the one you pissed off so hard?

I feel for you bro, looks like you starting over.
    I would recommend you to keep on supporting your products, you got a great biz here, just treat it as such and make it grow.

the best cure for pirated software is to keep releasing new updated version with more new features constantly over and over., that way new clients will have an incentive buying your
    product instead of looking for a pirated version.

best of luck.

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello CaptainExtra300,

1. I am not putting any pseudo bugs into it. I am also not charging anybody to fix a bug. If you find any, simply report it and i will do my best to fix it.
    Well seems like my post with the Update was not regenerated. It is a simple one though.

Update 0.7
    - Fixed jump animation sync
    - Fixed a performance issue (+ 80 FPS)
    - Started adding Visual Node System

The guy in the "Underground Forums" could not even give me any bug when i asked, except the target one, which is already fixed...And it is not the number 2 in the Update 0.7.

2. Unity asked me not to give any information about who did this.

20. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

I am glad you are fixing bugs and new releases,

Like i told you before, I still want to contribute to your work and buy a license.

but not until all known bugs are fixed from your end,

I dont really know which are them but you should know, you are the developer and had plenty of time to test your product for obvious noticeable bugs.

if you still dont have a clue of known bugs, i can copy and paste some of them which some of the other forums members have noticed without even trying to find as they said.

just let me know and Ill copy and pasted the bugs they talk about and you can check if they are true or not.
    so you can work on them.

let me know.

thanks

21. DevionGames

DevionGames

Sure post them.

22. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

ok, I am definitely not going to copy and paste their text, is too nasty to post here, but will reword it to make it decent for this forum.

Practically some of the testers mentioned:

- target memory leak, you said you fixed it.

I believe all these below never got mentioned in this thread so I assume they are bugs you "did not know about"

- npc respawn bug, npc dies and never respawns.

-quests, player can do the same quest over and over every time he relogs, so, there is no check to restrict the quest once to player, unless told otherwise.

-banker, banker npcs do not hold player items, if player interacts with banker, player puts inventory items in banker bags and if player relogs, all items get returned to player inventory, so i am guessing, bank wont persistently hold players items.

-character armour slots, if you equip staff to your weapon slot, if player logs off, staff gets removed from slot and wont persist, even they mention that weapon gets completely deleted from player inventory, so i am guessing any armour you equip to your player ie:
    head, weapon, shoulder, pants etc... if equiped, if player relogs all armour items get permanently removed from character slots and deleted from players inventory, so lost items. that is my understanding.

There are more from other testers, but i guess you should be plenty busy with those unless you need me to post other bugs they noticed.

maybe they are exaggerating or are telling lies, but you will be the judge and let us know if those are really bugs or not and if you are going to fix them?

if you are or if those bugs dont exist then let me know so i can purchase the kit, knowing there wont be those bugs anymore on my purchased copy.

23. Dr.Yes

Dr.Yes

Ok, I got everything running, but when i try to log in, it says wrong username and password, I'm positive i typed it right

24. Dr.Yes

Dr.Yes

or can you make a video on how to setup

25. DevionGames

DevionGames

@Dr. Yes : Please send me your paypal transaction code so i can check your purchase and can help you.

26. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

Zerano,

So I can interpret your silence that the above bugs I posted are indeed bugs in your kit and by you ignoring them means you will not fix them or a new updated release will be out soon?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  27. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello, except the respawn bug, all other are not bugs, they are simply not integrated but i already made the saving methods for those, so it will be all "fixed" as soon as i find what is going wrong in the respawn i will upload it.

28. DevionGames

DevionGames

Update 0.8
    - Npc respawn bug
    - Talent effects were not always instantiated.
    - Player is no longer able to repeat the quest after relog/restart server
    - Banker is holding items after relog/restart server
    - Saving and autoequip after relog.

New presentation videos on first page.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  29. nixter

nixter

The kit looks like it is coming along well. Glad you're still working on it.

30. darkwwc_br

darkwwc_br

I wonder how the server installs, I had to format the computer and not remember all the procedure with the server, if tiveralgum semlhante video tutorial or something, thank you.
    I'm using version 1.7 avanced multiplayer kit
    Compared to version 1.8, has scheduled date?
    :)

31. DevionGames

DevionGames

Please send me your paypal transaction code, i am sure i can help you to setup it. Thanks!

regards zerano

32. Hudson Faquim

Hudson Faquim

I'm having problems creating account and log into the project, it asks me the error:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' from assembly 'System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

33. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well please send me your paypal transaction code and i will help you!

@All. If you want support please pm/email/write me a message via skype with your paypal transaction code and i will help you!
    I do not know, but always i ask for a paypal transaction code, i never get a reply :D

34. ilyos

ilyos

paypal N388 which version do you use unity

35. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello, this kit works on unity 4.0

36. ilyos

ilyos

Thank you I'm from Russia badly know English))

37. ilyos

ilyos

everything works but can `t set up a server in the db pulled Navicat entering account unregistr and generally not included in the game what to do?

38. DevionGames

DevionGames

I never worked with navicat, but i also do not understand your question and what does not work exactly. I can also speak russian. So write me a pm in russian, german or english.

39. ilyos

ilyos

а что за сервер ты используешь я взял навикат и Денвер в навикат извлек Db без ошибок прошло запускаю игру (для проверки сервера) не входит в игру и не регистрирует

40. ilyos

ilyos

help me with the installation of the server please

41. leenuxva

leenuxva

Advanced Multiplayer Kit

This is an advanced multiplayer kit, server code is in java on the smartfoxserver2x and C# on the client side.

" A setup setp-by-step guide is included. "

Where ?

42. DevionGames

DevionGames

Here

43. leenuxva

leenuxva

I did what was written in the setup. But I can not play the game. I already sent "paypal transaction code".
    Please help me.
    It's much easier if you make a video tutorial.

thanks in advance

44. b5-danny

b5-danny

wenn ich auf erstellen klicke bekomme ich lauter fehler
    irgendwas mit target.cs und is not instance of this object oder so ähnlich

und noch etwas :)
    jetzt wollte ich eine neue klasse zur auswahl im character fenster machen
    also das eben nicht nur der button mage und warrior angezeigt wird, sondern z.b. auch paladin, schamane etc.
    im klassen script sind se ja schon eingetragen.

ich hab da einfach mal folgende zeile hinzugefügt

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  45. DevionGames

DevionGames

Ich bin ab morgen zu hause schreib mich doch im skype an. Ich helfe dir gerne weiter, auch bei der implementierung neuer klassen im auswahlmenue.

46. b5-danny

b5-danny

jo gerne :) hab dich in skype schon angeschrieben, weil es bei mir nach der charakter erstellung das level nicht lädt

47. b5-danny

b5-danny

mal wieder ne frage xD
    hab jetzt an npc mit ner quest erstellen können - wen man weiß wie das ganze funzt is es einfach :)
    aber wie kann ich z.b. jetzt ne existierende quest bearbeiten? ich hab da im xampp mal iwo was gefunden nur kA mehr wo xD

48. DevionGames

DevionGames

Ja geht nur über phpmyadmin direct. wenn du in deinen browser localhost/phpmyadmin eingibts, hast du eine auswahl von verschiedenen datenbanken. Du wählst einfach unitydb aus. dann muss da quest, questtask und sowas als tabele stehen. Diese kannst du direkt bearbeiten.

49. b5-danny

b5-danny

einfach hammer das kit :)
    werde die tage mal nen thread aufmachen, dann kannste paar updates immer mitverfolgen wennde magst :)

50. DevionGames

DevionGames

Das ist super, natürlich würde ich das gerne!