Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Next Update?

1. Collision

50 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Day Night Cycle

72 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Save the level , skills and inventory...

152 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Character Customization

92 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Teleportation portals

13 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Basic GM commands

37 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Resolution dependand GUI

15 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

thannk you Zerano, it is very tempting the promotion

but, looks like you cut production on this project and i am not sure if this is convenient for a potential buyer.

been reading on the past posts and seems that you dont have time to work on this project.

as per this thread the last major update for features on it was like 5 to 6 months ago?? is this correct?

the main turn off is that, the lack of future updates, since I assume and pretty much sure the kit is not fully optimized or finished, there must be bugs, unfinished features etc.... is like any other software, which are constantly in development, there is always something to fix or add.
    this is your bread and butter, mature it.
    ie:
    would not be a big turnoff if unity stopped future updates and or fixes???

that is what I am talking about.

so...... if no future updates I think it is a big turn off for lots of us potential buyers.

well at least for me, it is a turn off.

50% off is a good deal, but knowing that no more updates or fixes on bugs etc.. I dont think a feature potential buyers like to hear.

I am not trying to be mean, or telling you how to run your business or being rude, but as per past posts, when your existing clients ask you for "when is the next update"
    you always reply with:
    "I dont have time i am playing Diablo 3 right now, maybe next week"

or
    "ill do next update when i get 10 more sells"

?????????????

sorry man, but this is a fact and is documented here in your thread, that is why ive been holding on the actual buy, as much as i really want to become your client, all those facts makes me to just look away for something else.

I mean, that is just my personal opinion and point of view, I may be very wrong about it, but that is just me.

something that really catches future potential buyers is the road map of future updates, that lures buyer to come again and get the product.

just my .02

best wishes to you and your vacation, hope you get lots of sales so you can go to your planned vacation.

2. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes my last fixes and changes were 4 months ago but i will not stop adding features and fixes on it.

I am still planning to add the visual editor tools to this kit also. I have made multifunktional editor tools which will also work in this version.
    Have a look here:

Do you see any not fixed reported bug in this thread? Maybe i missed it, but i am trying to fix all reported bugs...

As i can remember you was the first one who asked for a photon version of this kit: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/148738-Photon-3.0-Multiplayer-Server-Client-Application

I would realy appreciate it, if you could write "just your .02" next time in a pm.

Regards zerano

3. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Supporting this product:

My company has been porting our game from Torque 3D to this kit for about 5-6 weeks now and the product is solid. We haven't ran into a single bug yet, and have just about moved the entire project over to Zerano's kit's framework, and the game is running great on our server machine at the server farm. It seems like a lot of people are looking to pay 120 dollars for a drag and drop MMO maker. That is impossible and the time and workforce required to make such a product would take years and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop; more to license.

What Zerano has developed is a solid MMO framework which operates primarily as a shortcut or deviation from the 1-2 years it would normally take to develop a solid network structure. It took us roughly 8 months with a team of 4 coders working daily to get our network stable on our servers in Torque 3D, coding it from a clean slate. It's my opinion that if anyone purchasing this product feels that they are unable to combat a few bugs without the developers help, they probably don't have the knowledge or ability to successfully complete an MMO anyway.

An important example could be demonstrated by saying, for some odd reason Zerano becomes ill for a long duration and a large amount of bugs are identified.... Do you stop the production of your game while you wait on Zerano to recover and repair the bugs? If that's the case, your product, your company, and your team is in serious jeopardy; something that needs to be evaluated before even starting MMO development.

I thought I'd write a small passage here to support the kit as it has saved us a large amount of man hours that would have been spent coding the network framework in our conversion to Unity 3D from Torque 3D. We liked the kit so much, that we partnered with Zerano to start developing the UI artwork and supplying him with models from our games library for his future updates to give the kit more potential sells.

Trust me, with 18 years of programming experience, I can assure you that this kit is well worth your money. Sure, you will have to do a lot of coding, designing, and art replacement to create a solid product, but what is offered here is well worth the price tag it has been given.

4. Mihai93

Mihai93

Zerano why you develomp now on photon and do not work more on this kit?

5. DevionGames

DevionGames

Because i want to make some other experience, i want to see something new and diffrent, but like i said above, i will still implement new content to this kit.

6. Mihai93

Mihai93

Zerano what you think is more Powerfull Smartfox or Photon??

7. DevionGames

DevionGames

Both server applications are great, there are pro and contra for each of them.

Smartfox:
    + Smartfox can be run on multiple platforms.
    + good documentation
    + great and simple examples
    - hard to debug
    - unlimited ccu costs a lot of money 3500 euro
    - client and server diffrent programming language server- java, client - c#
    + i have the fealing smartfoxserver has more features already integrated, but integrating own features in photon version work more stable.
    - i setuped mostly every time my smartfox multiplayer kit for customors ---> difficult to setup

Photon
    + unlimited ccu for indie teams costs only ~ 100$ normal license costs also 3500$
    + c# on client and server side
    - limited documentation
    - Cloud - Standalone coding confuses beginners
    + i have the fealing it is more stable
    + reusage of client-server code (see point 2)
    + easy to debug via Log tool
    + easy to setup a project

this are only a few there are many others pro and contra.

8. Mihai93

Mihai93

Zerano sorry but i whant to ask you same more questions.

1. Do you think to make a kit for photon?
    2. If i pay you for ramake a kit like this for photon? How Much?
    3. if you make kit using photon i can change give you the older with smartfox and give me the new?

Thanks

9. DevionGames

DevionGames

1. Yes i am slowly working on a photon version, but it will be diffrent from this one: More Information

2. I also do custom work, make me a detail feature list and i will give you prices for each feature(i am calculating arround 15-20$ / hour), but you will get fixed prices on each feature. The work is then 100% yours and you can do with it what you want...

3. People who bought this kit and want to switch to photon will get a great discount. I have no price for the photon version currently, but one guy payed me already for the new photon version to see how it is build up from scratch(via svn). I will be on vacation for the next 10 days so i can not make this offer for more people before i am back.

10. piluve

piluve

Yesterday I bought the kit ... and the truth is that I had some problems but I solved without any problems, with the help of zerano always available ...

So I highly recommend this "small investment" ..

See you!

11. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you very much!

12. kraeved

kraeved

Zerano cвяжитесь со мной пожайлуста. Надо принять решение по поводу текущего заказа.

13. fano_linux

fano_linux

One thing you must do is to create a column at workbench on your account table. The deleted account, so if you delete or make unsused the player account you can delete it logicaly, i aways do it in my business software, btw i use mysql too.

OR you can set all the foreign keys to ON DELETE CASCADE, so delete every parent register in each table.

Best luck with your project

14. rnd228

rnd228

Is it easy to integrate Playmaker for use with this kit?

How would that work best?

15. DevionGames

DevionGames

I do not know, i do not have Playmaker, sorry.

16. rnd228

rnd228

I am kind of OCD about planning way ahead before diving into anything, which is why I ask.

After looking at your move toward a kit with Photon integration, I think you should take a look at Playmaker - they are integrating with Photon as well. Playmaker is a FSM plugin and integrating it could lead you to a lot of sales as state management and server-client management are the two things people seem the most interested in. Perhaps you should talk to them.

I think I might be more interested in your Photon-centered kit, so I'll wait for it. Good luck!

17. iHavo

iHavo

Hey, can you lower the price or something? Maybe make it go on sale for black friday, I don't know what, but the thing is... what!? ITS 150$! I would rather buy the ratspell mmo toolkit from the asset store. I've taken a look at your toolkit and it does the same thing, except ratspell is only 20$. Maybe if you lower the price i'll buy yours, but for now, I'm getting ratspell.
    No offense, you did an amazing job and you do deserve money for it... just not that much.

18. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello, well at the moment i am not planning to reduce the price, but like in the past there will be also some discount days in the future. Maybe on Christmas, but not earlier.

regards zerano

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am happy to let you all know that my new partner is going on to make a documentation/ tutorial series for this kit. He is also testing the kit and reports me bugs, so there will be soon an update. Already 2 bugs reported, i will make a fix in the next days!

regards zerano

20. EctoNecro

EctoNecro

Here is the video you should follow after purchasing the kit to set the kit up:

21. DevionGames

DevionGames

(First post updated with the Setup Tutorial)
    We are also planning to add a new website with all the tutorials/ documentation.

22. wiNtz

wiNtz

Hello. I have this problem while uploading unitydb.sql

23. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello wiNtz, i sended you a private message.

24. EctoNecro

EctoNecro

This is one of the many tutorials that are being made for this kit.

This shows how to create an NPC and spawn it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  25. DevionGames

DevionGames

New Update is availible.
    Small bugfixes and upgrate to unity 4

26. hike1

hike1

Pardon if this has been asked, but does it work as a standalone single player with bot ai?

27. EctoNecro

EctoNecro

There is no single player, everything goes through the server.

Me and Zerano don't really plan on adding a single player either, just for the fact the game has been built from the ground up specifically for multiplayer.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  28. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello, sorry but you need smartfoxserver as an autoritative server. So it will not work as single player.

EctoNecro was faster :D

29. hike1

hike1

So is there a game to play on the net?

30. EctoNecro

EctoNecro

What do you mean? The game kit is multiplayer if that's what you're asking.

31. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am sorry but there is no game on the net, i do not have a server to host it. If you want to try it, let me know and i can send you compiled files.

32. Venged

Venged

I'm interested in this kit. Does it have a quest editor like or similar to the visual style on in the RPG-STATER-Package?

Thanks
    Robert

33. DevionGames

DevionGames

yes a similiar one. I think there are some videos on the first page for the quest editor.

Edit: Yes there are 2 videos one showcase ingame, the other shows how to use the questeditor

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  34. EctoNecro

EctoNecro

Just uploaded a new tutorial.

Creating an item and adding it to a shop:

35. hike1

hike1

let me know and i can send you compiled files.
    unquote

I installed all the stuff in the video, smartfox, xampp, etc. When I clicked on client (offline) I could set up the character, then a chat window opened, that was
    it. Online the setup didn't even load, am I supposed to register?

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

Is there any error in the smartfox console?

37. hike1

hike1

It works now, the only thing I changed was 'run as administrator' in XAMPP. Trouble with mmo's is you have to put out big bucks for servers, etc, small
    fry like me can't afford it. I'd rather buy a single player version of this, it already has most single player features, just need saving the game.

38. iHavo

iHavo

I payed $150 for a .7z file, and don't know how to apply it to Unity. I've got a mac. Why can't you just make it a Unity Package file?

39. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well you have to unzip it. You will then see some more zipped files(if you bought the christmas pack), unzipp them too. then you will see a unity project file. simply open it as a unity project.

40. DevionGames

DevionGames

Last chance to purchase this and many other products at the discounted price :D

41. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

what are the discounted products prices?

42. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

oh welll, thanks tho,

i guess i missed it.

probably next time.

cheers

43. Charlie-Salter

Charlie-Salter

Hi!

I'm actually looking in to buying this within the next month, but I have a few questions.

1: Do you expect royalties?
    2: Will I be entitled to future updates perform on this game?
    3: I assume the server-sided program files are Java, am I correct?
    4: How much will this cost? I'm on my phone, so it's very difficult to check right now. :p
    5: If future updates aren't included in the initial purchase, how much would you charge to keep adding your updates?

Thanks,

Charlie

44. Charlie-Salter

Charlie-Salter

Excellent, I'm definitely in. :)

I'll be purchasing it within the next week/month, thanks!

I've just begun looking into using Unity, and I'm very excited to use this as my first base. +1 support from me. :)

45. EctoNecro

EctoNecro

It is definitely a good buy, and good learning tool for anybody needing one:)

It'll be a great tool for you to get into Unity with :)

46. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

I am also looking to buy this kit for a looong time,
    but seriously, $150 is so damn expensive imo. just need it for learning SFS .

no ongoing real new features updates, this product is stagnate for a year now.
    yea he had no choice to throw a last update to make it unity 4 compatible, but was a needed to be done to keep on making future sales for unity 4,

stop milking the cow bro, focus on your product, make it more robust more feature rich., polish it.

how many sales you making now, 1 every other month?

make the price more appealing, work on it and throw monthly new features updates and your sales will pickup.

dont know who is EctoNecro, is he the new lead programmer for this project? will he add
    new programming features to it?

or is he just your product advertising or marketing manager?,

I sure hope is not the last one cuz dont see any good real results in your sales lately.
    'maybe we dont see it here, but pretty much every new sale will usually announce himself here, so.

change your marketing strategy, make your price more adequate to your actual product level,
    keep the product alive by adding new features every month. if you dont know how to market your product , get someone that does, you got your baby, now keep on feeding it, make it stronger. with the right campaign and product support this can make you filthy rich bro.

I still would like to give my hard earned money one day, but not now,
    it just does not feel right at $150 for the quality or product being sold,
    sorry, but that is my honest truth and constructive criticism to you.

believe me, I am a real life marketing campaign high lvl executive in our company,
    $150 is not going to break my bank, but as I told, the product does not match the price tag the way it is and therefore that is why you havent convinced me yet,

I know one will not be able to create a real multilayer game with the kit, but mostly will be used for learning unity + SFS networking .

but wont bite until price tag matches product line, imo half the price is close candidate for stagnate product.

so let me know your next time you go out on summer vacation, since as your real life behavior pattern will certainly guarantee a half price drop on it so you can go out on vacation,
    I know for fact you will do it since youve done it in the past and certainly will repeat,

so I dont mind to wait another six months for half price, , just need it for learning purposes.
    I am surprised there was no half price in Xmas , I just hope your pockets were as happy as they should of been, making sales like crazy with the right campaign,
    sorry,

keep up the good work, take this as constructive criticism, did not mean to offend anyone,
    but am trying to help, and usually my advice is not free in the real world job,
    so this one on me for now. did not mind expressing why you havent convinced me to hand you over my money yet.

cheers

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  47. EctoNecro

EctoNecro

Hello Captin, I'm not the new lead programmer or anything like that, and I'm not the salesman either.

The reason updates haven't been coming is because Zerano is extremely busy with other projects right now, and I am as well.

We haven't had much time to update the project, but I'm going to talk with Zerano today about this project and see what he wants to do with it.

I prototyped some updates a couple days ago with this kit, but haven't talked to Zerano about it lately.

I will also talk to him about lowering the price on this kit, because $150 is a bit steep right now because of the lack of updates, I very much agree.

Edit: What would you like to see with this kit? What updates?

48. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

Thanks for your input EctoNecro,

Well, I guess what everyone wants with any asset purchase like all the other product developers do,
    ie ngui, igui, playmaker, etc....
    all of them have in common that they keep on improving their products, an ongoing feature addons and bugfixes every single month or earlier.

so when one purchases a product, one knows updates and new features and bug fixes are coming every single month, so one knows it is worth the price you pay for.

Serrano, instead of wasting his time on other unknown or ghost projects , he ought to keep on improving his kit,

ie: adding new features, bug fixing, , Ill bet half of what he describes in the kit barely works as described.

like what features:

well multiplayer games have a vast of endless common basic must have features
    ie:
    minimap system,
    profession system, mining, etc....
    crafting system,
    variety of quests system, ie:
    go kill npc, go deliver note,
    kill mobs, loot items from mobs, collect so many dropped items.
    chain quests,
    starts with npc ends with other.
    go pickup item from floor at certain location, etc....

buff , debuff system,battlegrounds,
    vehicle controllers.

pet system.

there is so much more basic default features that pretty much every single multiplayer rpg game has as basic.

he could be working on such new features, making the kit more robust and that way the price will be worth for so many new clients.
    unity client base is by the millions, imagine just a very small percentage buys the kit, you guys will be filthy rich overnight.

but you got to back your product by keeping it alive and active by providing new updates monthly.
    have a road map of upcoming new features and buyers will come by them selves to give you their money for a fully supported live product., fill requests etc.....

there is so much you guys can do here instead of milking it dry and earning peanuts instead going to the 6 ir 7 figures profits by resurrecting the kit and keep it alive and getting it robust and healthy instead of the dead fish on the water as it is now.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  49. Charlie-Salter

Charlie-Salter

I agree, I'd very much like to see some other basic features added.

I'd still pay the 150, but if we got the basic features going, it'd start to match its price. :)

Your friend,

Charlie

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

LOL

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013