Search Unity

MultiBlender

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mcbauer, Jan 27, 2017.

1. mcbauer

mcbauer

MultiBlend is a shader which gives you a nice range of options to control how you blend several textures together. You have the ability to control directional blending with World Vector positions, and then you can further tweak it with a combination of 2 masks per channel and each masks has 7 options!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/81575

MultiBlend_01.png MultiBlend_02.png
    The Mask blending is based on the Histogram Scan in Substance Designer. I loved that control over maps so did my best to replicate that functionality. You can see in the above image the bottom section of the image shows the original map, then the middle piece shows how it has been altered for the mask effect.

MultiBlend_04.png

Each channel has it's own PBR parameters, and the blending controls ensure that each channel maintains those settings regardless of how it's blended together.

MultiBlend_03.png

Using a Custom GUI editor, you'll have access to a wide range of parameters as you can see.

Once thing to keep in mind is that each Mask, especially if you choose Main Source, Top Source, or Snow Source, will require very different settings in order to see the effect, so don't think that a setting which produces good results with one mask will be sufficient for the others.

I'm included several Masks, which you can see loaded in Main Texture under Mask Source. This should be images that contain different black and white imagery in the RGBA channels. It doesn't have to be, but you'll have the most variety if you do. Each channel of this image will be an option that you can load as your mask.

Video of this shader in action soon to come.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    sjm-tech likes this.
  2. mcbauer

mcbauer

morosayed likes this.
  3. morosayed

morosayed

Hello there, thank you for making this amazing shader free :D and it looks amazing from the video, i just have a problem :( when i import the package it shows this error and doesn't show anything :'(

GLSL compilation failed:
    ERROR: 0:363: No matching function for call to dot(vec4, float)
    ERROR: 0:370: No matching function for call to dot(vec4, float)
    ERROR: 0:377: No matching function for call to dot(vec4, float)

Thank you very much

4. mcbauer

mcbauer

Are you on Mac? I was informed there was an issue with Mac's when I submitted, and I don't have one so I have no way to trouble shoot. That's why I put the disclaimer on the store page.

5. Leoo

Leoo

@mcbauer Hey , like the shader, but can't get it to make the effect am looking for.

Am usually using a height blended * shader to blend two textures, diffuse (rgb) + height on (a), what i need is just some grass on top of rocks, rocks with their normal and diff as usual, but the grass blended (top world axis) into the main diffuse using its own (a) height , instead of the normals.

Am pretty sure i can get that on your shader, but i've been reconstructing everything on the sliders with no luck.

How would u do it?

Thanks!

6. mcbauer

mcbauer

This is exactly the kind of issue I was having as well, which is why I stopped development on MultiBlend, and moved to Substance Blender. Way more control and options. I also hated that I was stuck with so few texture usage options.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/85190

This shader isnt setup to blend based on height. You would have to go in and adjust the source code of the shader itself in order to achieve this kind of blend.

frbrz likes this.