Search Unity

moto RKD dash on STEAM, iTunes and Google Play

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by nukeD, Sep 26, 2015.

1. nukeD

nukeD

September is here, or should i say 32th of August?

The biggest update is the image based lighting giving a much softer and deeper look to the whole game!

Collectible trading cards have been added (cards, badges, foil badge, profile backgrounds, emoticons...)

33% off the Steam price for the first couple of weeks (bringing it down to $2) active since 10am today!

Since the Desktop version is so far ahead now the iOS and Android versions are now free forever. They still have their own charm, so if you want to play on the go, try the LCD game or just enjoy the music for a while, visit the mobile stores.

Thank you all for the support and for playing!!

2. nukeD

nukeD

Check out the latest update i made to moto RKD dash

For the beginning of 2017 we've got:
    - Magic marker graphic mode (with colored markers).
    - A very cool NEON mode (you can reach out and touch them glowing lines).
    - 16BIT mega-cd mode (complete with blast processing and an amazing 320X224 high definition graphics).
    - Gamepad rumble!

STEAM
    homepage
    Thanks for looking!

GhulamJewel likes this.
  3. GhulamJewel

GhulamJewel

Looks cool. Seems like your steam version doing much better than mobile. Wasn't mobile a good investment? Post-mortem?

4. nukeD

nukeD

Those are two different worlds... From the beginnign i wanted to make a game, you know... for gamers. A game that required you to have lived and felt a little bit of the gaming evolution of the past decades... a game that wants you to make a step towards it, as it makes a step towards you. In other words i invested something of myself in it. Its purpose was NEVER to cheat you out of your coffee money, it is an experience i wanted to share with people. And that where the line is drawn.

Mobile market are not gamers (no offence), mobile market is everyone with a twitchy finger to download 'something' and delete it 3 seconds later, just because they can.

Some examples:
    In slide.me i had the complete game for $2 and a free demo with 3 levels... i had 9 purchases and more than 2500 downloads of the demo... if this was the worst game in the world, even then 9 out of 2500 is a figure that makes no sense.

Google Play... the instant i uploaded the game, it was all over the pirate websites, so nothing to comment there

iTunes... the game received great praise from touch arcade, c|net and a bunch of sites, which translated in around 500 purchases and great 4 star reviews in iTunes. Then i made it free... immediately it was downloaded 25 000 times in 24h and the review score went down.

Then i went to STEAM, which is a completely different story. Steam is a gaming platform, the people are there to play, not to multi-task between 7 apps while driving, eating a sandwich and chatting on viber, then complain that 'why do i need both hands to play the game' (this was a real complaint i received, then i went and made the game so you can actually play with only one hand, then people will want a game thats hands free i guess).

On Steam people seem much more invested in what they're are seeing and playing... passionate in both their criticism and praise. I got hundreds of emails (no exaggeration) from kids wanting keys, from dozens of pseudo PR agents and promo agencies, from magazines (even got featured in one), bundle websites, etc.

My personal experience is that if you want to be rich and have a genius idea about a game, go for mobile. If you want to make a game to share your passion, people on Steam will feel it and respect it even if the game is as simple as mine.

I'm very thankful to all the people that played and liked it, because they invested a little of their time and felt rewarded in doing so... what else can one hope for?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  5. nukeD

nukeD

Hey guys, just wanted to share that moto RKD dash reached 7000 activations on STEAM! Thank you! Some cool surprises are coming soon for all owners of the game. Also keep an eye on IndieGala in the upcoming months ;)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. zenGarden

zenGarden

Congrats, good job :)

7. nukeD

nukeD

Thanks... i'm actually surprised since my game is pretty niche. I have another crazy idea for the next update, which makes no marketing or business sense, but f*** it, this is fun!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  8. zenGarden

zenGarden

You made it very polished , with love and passion, and i think it payed off.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    nukeD likes this.
  9. VGcomposer

VGcomposer

Looks like a very well crafted game and very fun. I wish you the best of luck and success.

10. nukeD

nukeD

Thanks guys! Same goes to your ideas and projects.

11. nukeD

nukeD

The IndieGala bundle is up and i'm proud to be there ;)

Sorry for the shameless promo here, but i'm doing this alone and don't have better ways.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  12. nukeD

nukeD

OK, since there is too little info yet, i'm not making a new topic.
    After the toy dashboard 'moto RKD dash' came out in 1982, the company that created it grew and began making arcade cabinets for entertainment centers in USSR and eastern Europe. In 87 they made this game (name is secret for now), following the footsteps of the western giant SEGA and their Hang-On smash hit!

all this is completely fictional as you might have realized, but is a good back story :p

13. nukeD

nukeD

Finally a physical release [kinda]!

Made these for a local gaming expo :D

zenGarden likes this.
  14. nukeD

nukeD

Wow... Thanks to all!

I'm preparing an update with a cool little surprise, sorry for the delay (freelancing while raising 2 children is an action-adventure)!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  15. nukeD

nukeD

16. nukeD

nukeD

Thanks man, it was out on iOS for a while, but as i had to pay Apple a developer fee and sales were... well... less than 1% compared to STEAM, i decided to update and maintain the PC/macOS/Linux/steamOS versions, so mobiles are out. Also the game is already very far from what the mobile versions were initially. If you want check it out on computer PM me for a STEAM key ;)

PS: if you want to try it on mobile, there is still (a very old, but perfectly functional and decent looking) free version for android, look for the links on dash's page.. there are also older demos of the desktop version.

Thanks

17. zenGarden

zenGarden

Good news.
    Is the new game coming ?

18. nukeD

nukeD

Yes, but in a while. Last year i had to tackle bills, kids and all sorts of challenging minigames, so I've been very slow on the dev side. I'll certainly continue making games though! And besides the pixel bike game i have 3 more concepts (very similar to each other) in the works.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    zenGarden likes this.