Search Unity

Motion Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tryz, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Tryz

Tryz

Nice. It's worth poking around on it.

kurotatsu likes this.
  2. reocwolf

reocwolf

Yeah. With u I try to think of stuff that might save u time later. What I mentioned will be useful for other packs too.

Think Watch Dog abilities. Pretty much magic lol.

Edit: Also, r u gonna do telekinetic abilities? It would be fun to force choke someone.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Tryz and kurotatsu like this.
  3. magique

magique

One thing to consider is AoE and DoT spells.

TeagansDad and Tryz like this.
  4. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I also might add my solution stated above, would work great for a barrier spell, that had a NavMeshObstacle component on it to make AI find another path.

Tryz likes this.
  5. Tryz

Tryz

hahaha... Yeah, I do want to do telekinetic spells.

The challenge is really characters. NPCs or remote players act differently than objects... like a barrel. With my fireball spell for example, the explosion will toss barrels around. However, it won't toss NPCs since they aren't rigidbodies. However, it will push them back (some) and damage them and you can watch them fall to the ground and die.

I'm not a fan of taking control away from the player. So, I don't want an NPC to blast you with a telekinetic power and you to totally lose control of the character (I think).

TeagansDad likes this.
  6. Tryz

Tryz

Good stuff! I'm doing Firewall now and it's definitely both of those.

magique likes this.
  7. Tryz

Tryz

Definitely!

I thought about just dropping it in front of the character, but I felt like there should be a bit more control. "Placement" is probably going to be a utility node that we can enable/disable per spell.

kurotatsu likes this.
  8. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Also, speaking of AI solutions.lol

AI Warrior is now LIVE!!!

Check links in my signature if interested, I'm now working on a video showing AI Warrior working with Ootii's Sword and Shield, so be on the look out for that, ya'll.:D

recon0303, Malbers, magique and 2 others like this.
  9. Tryz

Tryz

Awesome and congrats!

kurotatsu likes this.
  10. magique

magique

Speaking of AI, has anyone done any integration with ICE Creature Control?

11. tchris

tchris

I'm wondering how would I subscribe to something like the OnHit event if I wanted to. I don't see anything like a OnHitHandler to subscribe to in the code. Would OnHit be different?

12. Tryz

Tryz

You don't subscribe to OnHit. Instead, you'd subscribe to OnImpactHandler as I show in the code.

OnHit is used if you inherit from SwordCore. It's an internal function you can override so that your unique sword can do something special. I had an example of that in my original post as well.

What are you wanting to do? Maybe I can help clear it up.

13. tchris

tchris

Thanks. I'm not trying to do something specific yet. I am just really excited to see how customizable the package is so I just wanted to see what things were possible to customize in general. But when I have something specific I want to do I can let you know if I get stuck.

Tryz likes this.
  14. recon0303

recon0303

I have ICE, and plan to very soon actually, with MC.... but doubt it will be very hard.. I have used MC and Apex Path.. ICE was suppose to have Apex and ICE support. Not that I need it, but still nice to have, makes it faster.. I mainly bought ICE because it was on sale, and was going to have support for Apex Path, which I love...

So my point is Apex Path was cake wake, so I ICE should be, and I plan to soon/// Will let you know. We are ,making a mobile game with animals, that flee, attack and much more, so I did want to check ICE out , we made our own custom system, but want to check ICE out to see if we can extend our AI more , as some said that its pretty good, so we picked up awhile ago on sale..

magique, kurotatsu and Tryz like this.
  15. Tryz

Tryz

After a couple of days in my cave, I bring you the first look at my upcoming Spell Editor:

This will obviously be part of the Spell Casting Motion Pack. I'll have another video in a couple of days.

@TeagansDad , I did it after all... hahaha.

16. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@Tryz - Awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Just curious, did you incorporate that open source framework it did you use it as a reference to build your own node editor?

17. Tryz

Tryz

No. I did download it and look at it, but it was really bloated. There were a lot of moving parts and I felt like it could be simplified.

It was cool to see... and it got my wheels turning. But, I took a different and much simpler approach. I built a lite "framework" and then layered the Spell Editor on it. So far, so good.

I've got Magic Missile, Fireball, and Firewall working. Once I get a couple more diverse spells up, I'll share more. ;)

antoripa, Hans, kurotatsu and 3 others like this.
  18. recon0303

recon0303

there is a lot of different OPEN source node editors out there on some site, forget the name .. I used some of them as a reference before, and they work great wonder if YOUR talking about the same one.

19. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

This is the one that I linked to a few days back:
    https://github.com/Baste-RainGames/Node_Editor

20. tchris

tchris

I used your Fire Arrow prefab and made my own FIreArrow class which inherits ArrowCore and does splash damage and an explosion on impact.

Do you have a suggestion how best to have the Player be able to switch from the regular arrow to the fire arrow? I am looking at the weapon sets but not sure the best way to have the player use the same longbow but switch between the regular and fire arrow.

Thanks

Tryz likes this.
  21. Tryz

Tryz

That's awesome! Great job. :)

Basic Inventory
    In the Base Inventory, the "Items" section is where you'd define items and point to your prefab. By default, I include "Arrow_01". You would create a new entry for your arrow... say "Arrow_02". Make sure you point to your new prefab.

Now, in the "Slots" section is a slot called "READY_PROJECTILE". Just change the Item ID from "Arrow_01" to "Arrow_02". You can change the value however you want as it's just a string.

If you want to use weapon sets you would just create a new weapon set similar to "Longbow". Then, just add your "Arrow_02" for "READY_PROJECTILE" (instead of "Arrow_01"). Now you can cycle between the arrows.

Hard Coded
    If all that is too hairy, you can hard-code the arrow by setting the resource path directly in the "Bow - Basic Attack" and "Bow - Walk Run Target" motions. The "Bow Resource Path" string overrides any Basic Inventory stuff.

antoripa, TeagansDad and kurotatsu like this.
  22. tchris

tchris

Thank you :)

Thanks for the help. I got it working. I actually had already started creating the new items & weapon set. I wasn't sure how to activate the weapon set itself and then I saw that the code already is set up to correlate the number keys to the different weapon sets. That's really handy.

23. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Just thought I'd post a few screenshots: Motion Controller, Sword & Shield Motion Pack, Archery Motion Pack, UMA 2.1, and Inventory Pro, all working together.

It's coming along. ;)

24. Dymental

Dymental

Hi ootii,

Is it possible to use the Archery Motion Pack as a groundwork for ranged weapons (pistols, rifles etc) in general?

Cheers
    Dan

25. Tryz

Tryz

AWESOME!

You get 5 stars. :)

antoripa and TeagansDad like this.
  26. Tryz

Tryz

Hey Dymental,

Not really. I haven't done guns yet (I plan too), but I think it's different.

With the bow, I create a projectile and apply physics to launch it forward. Then, the arrow hits an object (or not) as it moves along. From my understanding, bullets are too fast to work this way. So, they use raycasting to determine instant hits.

I also think movement will be different.

So, unfortunately, I think they are different beasts.

27. recon0303

recon0303

Hi Tim, has anyone else reported when importing the animations from MIXAMO, that when you equip the bow that the character is under ground to his waist?? Look likes its playing the wrong animation. or just non at all , I have not gone through it all yet, but that is what it looks like if I do the power shot he pops back up. and is fine during that animation..

So i'm about 100% its NOT playing that animation.. ... This happen with all the demo's... Not sure if its a bug, or something I did.

I did have a naming issue at first I thought ...Let me know if you seen this and if you have a suggestion. I rarely use MIXAMO.. So not that familiar with it..I did add the meta as well . Per Doc's... Followed step by step.

So not sure if its a bug or what, but I did it a few times.

( PS) I did not use any of my animations, yet, just I always use what comes with the tool to make sure everything is working. )
    This is for the archery pack.

(Multi-player related) Motion Controller.
    Unrelated .. I got some time to test Multi Player.. it does not work, no change .. We got it working on our own as I said before, but wanted to test it with your set up... animations still aren't working with your set up. Sorry. if I get time, I will try to make a video for you. . But I know you don't use Skype, would be faster for me, to show u there. if you did.. So may be a bit before I can make a video to show you..

The animations as before, the change, they don't always play .. with Bolt. Our script, it works perfectly.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  28. recon0303

recon0303

Nice, we have motion, Controller , sword. , our own custom inventory ( I'm a UI/UX designer) Also making something like UMA, but custom for character customizing ( Think Fall out 4) With deformations ) Works With Apex Path. trying out ICE soon.

Should be all done this year. But we have it working. We have our own archery, but adding Tim's archery as we speak, to see if we like it better...

Working on polish for all systems for a game we are making for mobile, and future PC, version, Console version.

Tryz and TeagansDad like this.
  29. recon0303

recon0303

30. Tryz

Tryz

No one else has reported an issue, but it definitely sounds like Unity's default pose for when an animation is missing.

The one time I had someone report this with another asset was when they didn't get the right animations from Mixamo. They exported as FBX instead of "FBX for Unity".

I think it's going to be a matter of looking in the animator for the animation(s) that are missing and making sure you've got the right one. It should look like "Y_Bot@standing_idle_01" (as an example).

Also, make sure you're using my ".meta" files from the Extras folder.

For the multiplayer, that sucks. I think after Spell Casting I'll take a stab at multiplayer and see what I can do. As you mentioned, I know it can be done. I just need to try to help make is simpler for others.

31. recon0303

recon0303

ya thats what I thought the animations I sent you last night, I did the Ybot, Long Bow Pro pack, I used..

It would NOT have YBOT in the name of the animation, and would remove them, that was the issue I had...Which was odd as my character is 100% Y BOT. So if you can look at those animations ...No idea why it wont give me the right ones then, as I do not use MIXAMO at all.... But I followed your docs .. for sure.. I sent you what I got .. so strange, that I have Y-BOT selected and the pack... I'm at a loss here since I tried 3 times last night. Its even sending me the right meta data..... But the animations name is not YBOT, its has no name...Normally it should have the character name, like Beta then the name of the animation... Or Y bot...That is what was throwing me off and it would give me 39 errors, when I add the right meta data...since it cant the right animations.....

So has to be something in MIXAMO... not sure why it wont give me the right ones..

100% sure the meta data is right as it has the correct name of the file..But the animations for sure does not...Which is what was throwing me off..... as I'm using Y BOT and the pack selected on the pack...on the front page and docs...SO I have no idea , why its missing the name of the character.

32. recon0303

recon0303

Emailed you some screen's... no idea what is going on here, unless i,m missing something, I have The pack..has the name of it , and Y-BOT. UGH... unless there is something I'm missing... but went over it about 3 times, this is the 4th..

33. recon0303

recon0303

Ya, I will check it once you do , we will use our own since its working, but I will be happy to test it again once you do for others ... when its time. Let me know.

34. tchris

tchris

This happened to me. It was because I picked FBX and not FBX for Unity. Maybe start a brand new project and import Archery Pack and then Mixamo and see if it works then.

Tryz and recon0303 like this.
  35. recon0303

recon0303

HAHA was just about to post this info.....I did that....I used FBX...instead FBX for Unity...... UGH, I should know better since I model alot and use , Unreal exports and Unity in MODO.... I didn't see it. until I checked again..and was like UGH. Knew it was one STEP in MIXAMO... funny you posted this, as I was posting the same info... silly things sometimes.. knew it was something small.

Tryz likes this.
  36. recon0303

recon0303

Sorry TIM, knew it was a mistake on my end.. somewhere, just was driving me crazy on what... I do this alot in MODO , MD and ZBRUSH, one day I will learn NOT to lol...I use to many export types and engines , so I confuse myself, sometimes lol..

LOL, did some work not long ago in Marvelous Designer, and spend so much time on it, and it was a darn export issue... /slap

Tryz likes this.
  37. tchris

tchris

it's okay. I did the same thing. I was thinking "I know how to do this" and skipped a step

TeagansDad, Tryz and recon0303 like this.
  38. rubble1

rubble1

Doing a gun pack sounds like a really cool idea (can't wait), and I do agree that most of the time you'd want instant hits with bullets. But it would be kind of nice to at least have the option of a little delay, say like the star wars blasters or something.

kurotatsu and Tryz like this.
  39. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I agree that option should be there to actually shoot a projectile as a hand crossbow, and the like would then be an option.

TeagansDad and Tryz like this.
  40. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Added one last piece that was missing from what I posted last night: the UMA armor as equippable items in the inventory; the previous screens just had it as part of the UMA itself.

I wrote a new DCSEquippableInventoryItem class to replace the UMAEquippableInventoryItem so that I could take advantage of the Dynamic Character System's wardrobe slots and recipes. So the UMA item is configured as a recipe and the DCSEquippableInventoryItem simply allows me to specify the recipes to use for male and female characters. I can share this code once it's done (I need to add a few things to it to make it more flexible and easier to customize).

How about an armor equipping motion pack? That way we can animate the character equipping his armor. (I'm joking, that would get annoying quickly)

41. Tryz

Tryz

That is so cool. It really is neat seeing all these assets come together!

Let me know if you do need that "Buckle left side strap" motion. ;)

antoripa, TeagansDad and kurotatsu like this.
  42. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

No, but an adjust codpiece, would be great.:p

FargleBargle and Tryz like this.
  43. recon0303

recon0303

nice job.!

44. recon0303

recon0303

agreed, long as its a setting of some sort, or toggle , prolly setting, maybe may work better so we have more control. If we want it or not, and how long we may want it to happen.

Tryz likes this.
  45. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Exactly, not everyone is making Metal Gear, and Resident Evil, games like Ratchet and Clank, and such, you'd wand to see the projectile shoot.

Also think rocket, and various launchers.

Of course, it's best to tackle polishing the existing packs before getting stretched too thin.

antoripa, Tryz and recon0303 like this.
  46. recon0303

recon0303

Yup of course.:)

47. Tryz

Tryz

That is really great! Another awesome example of pulling cool assets together.

antoripa and kurotatsu like this.
  48. magique

magique

It took me a while, but I finally got the Sword & Shield Motion Pack. I'll be giving it a whirl tonight. Also looking forward to the new spell pack. The progress looks fantastic.

[EDIT]
    Also going to take a stab at ICE Creature Control integration since I have the nice shiny new version of that.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  49. antoripa

antoripa

Although busy on a project, I always follow this thread. Awesome the node editor based interface for the Spell Casting Motion Pack. I feel that it's gonna be another great asset by Tim.
    I look forward to getting that.

kurotatsu, TeagansDad and Tryz like this.
  50. magique

magique

I'm having an issue getting Sword & Shield Motion Pack working. I followed all the instructions in the quick start guide, but when I hit Play, the enemy is just stuck in the ground in an idle pose. I can move the player around, but as soon as I press 1 to equip the sword, he also just gets stuck in the ground from the chest up and is in an idle pose.