Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Model not Importing Properly

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by zacware, Mar 25, 2017.

1. zacware

zacware

So I started working with VR in Unity. I'm having a great time, but my skills are coding focused. I'm not good at blender, etc. I started making a VR environment based on our company's building and our employees. I was using 2D sprites for the employees, and that worked great, but then I remember we 3D scanned a bunch of people a few years ago and thought it would be great to use the 3D models instead.

The problem is, the 3D scans, done with an occipital scanner and itseez3d and uploaded to sketchfab, look great in sketchfab but when I import them into unity the models have little white triangle gaps all over the image.

I don't understand why they look so great in sketchfab but import so poorly into Unity. I've tried a bunch of different import settings in Unity but nothing has worked (mostly since I am just guessing)

Can anyone give any advice on whether or not this type of model can be "fixed" to work in Unity

Here is a sketchfab link, but it requires you create a login

I also put the files on dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l6ej16eg9cq1u8t/AACmq2iJVwCjgsXFtz9Rd6eJa?dl=0

I don't have a lot of money, as this is just a fun project, but if is this something that could be fixed, but requires a little bit of work, I have about 6 models I need fixed and would be willing to PayPal someone 30 or 40 dollars to fix them all to be importable. Just PM me first if you require payment to fix this so more than one person doesn't try to help this way.