Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile game client Manager (server)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by obamamclama, May 21, 2017.

1. obamamclama

obamamclama

Hello, Making a server in other language's using things has been somewhat easy once I've gotten into them.
    But with unity, I feel like i should really take advantage of whats given to me, So much so that i don't no where to begin.

The game is going to be an online Idle game, So the server will need to manage dates/time since last action that used currency etc. A database so to speak for all the clients that have connected. Needs to be online because the game is(will be) designed around it.
    So to take advantage of even things like the in-app purchase and ads, What would be the method(s) used?

Before coming here i looked up some things, Read into ClientRpc but that seems more like a multiplayer over LAN kind of thing.

The experience i have with networking is as simple as..
    Player A searches for a fight. == send message to server, Server sends message back with fighter
    Player A accepts fight. == Server immediately resolves fight using a seed/instant fight, and sends the seed back to player for viewing pleasure.
    Player A finishes viewing, And only 4 messages were sent with all of the appropriate data inside.

I forget the wording for what this is called, But this is my experience of networking and anything that could resemble it the best once set up, Would be in my comfort range so to speak.
    But in short, I'm looking for where to begin researching into how i am to set up this kind of server.

(just to be clear, not a client-server game, 1-1000 users etc all connected to 1 server as an example)