Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

mixing c# / js.. problems with plugins?

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by thomas.michel, Sep 4, 2015.

1. thomas.michel

thomas.michel

Hello,

a project I'm working on uses mostly javascript scripts, but it also uses a lot of plugins which are written in c# (InControl, 2d toolkit, ...).
    When I try to build for Windows Store with "Universal 10" SDK then I'm getting a lot of issues like:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, CAssets/Game Prefabs etc/Scripts/HandlePlayerInput.js(2,8): BCE0021: Namespace 'InControl' not found, maybe you forgot to add an assembly reference?

BCE0018: The name 'tk2dSprite' does not denote a valid type ('not found').
    BCE0018: The name 'tk2dAnimatedSprite' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

the classes clearly exist though, the same project with the same code source can successfully be built for windows/max/linux standalone, for example.

Any idea what this might be?

Cheers,

Thomas

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

You need a placeholder for InControl plugin, the error says that when compiling js files you're referencing InControl compiled against .NET Core 5.0, you cannot do that.

But still I imagine you have them, just you didn't set plugin settings correctly.

Assuming you have plugins in following locations:
    Assets\Plugins\InControl.dll (compiled against .NET 3.5)
    Assets\Plugins\WSA\UWP\InControl.dll (compiled against .NET Core 5.0)

Click on Assets\Plugins\WSA\UWP\InControl.dll and set placeholder to point to Assets\Plugins\InControl.dll