Search Unity

Missing (Mono Script)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aer0ace, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aer0ace

aer0ace

Yeah, we've all seen it at one point or another, and then panicked, not knowing what script it used to be. Why hasn't Unity implemented a way to show the user what scripts are actually missing yet? Or have they, and I don't know about it?

I have seen user-provided scripts that show which objects are missing scripts, but does that really help other than to tell you how screwed you are? Are there any reliable scripts that can tell you the name of the missing script? I've run across this tool, but haven't tried it out yet: http://diegogiacomelli.com.br/Fixing-missing-mono-script/ Anyone have any reviews about this tool?

SarfaraazAlladin likes this.
  2. jerotas

jerotas

I don't believe that Unity knows the name of the missing script unfortunately. It just knows the GUID, and once you don't have the script in your project with that GUID, it's missing. Unity can't tell you.

I hate this too. In the past I've had to roll back to a previous version of the project to see what the script was, then get latest again (with source control).

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

4. jerotas

jerotas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.