Search Unity

MilKID - Animal Agent AI Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MilKID, Jun 22, 2017.

1. MilKID

MilKID

A threaded, all-in-one solution for realistic mood-driven animal agent behaviour in Unity.
    This package uses finite state machines to mimic animalistic actions depending on mood which is driven by vital and environmental factors.

Get more details at http://www.itsMilkid.com

Features:
    -Multi-threaded for optimized performance
    -Included pooling and spawner
    -Three different agent behavior modes (Agressive,Passive,Defensive)
    -Four different agent moods (Satisfied, Tired, Hungry, Hurt)
    -Eight different agent behaviors (Idle,Rest,Eat,Wander,Flee,Chase,Attack,Dead)
    -Hightly costumizable to fit every need
    -Adjustable for every kind of animal
    -Programmatically calculated waypoints
    -Optional static and dynamic wandering behavior
    -Supports Mechanim Animation System
    -Easy Implementation
    -Detailed Documentation

Description:

Milkid Animal Agent AI uses interfaces as behavior states. I’ve almost completely avoided the usage of colliders for distance checks as Unity colliders always check the entire scene. I’ve tested out quite a lot of different methods to reach as little as possible computational effort when using it. I’ve decided to completely rely on mathematical distance checks that are running in a different thread instead of using the physics engine for that. Therefore if you want your agents to attack Players, you’ll have to use the TrackableObjects class – this will be explained very detailed in the documentation. This asset also comes with a built-in pooling and spawning solution, which is easy to adjust to your likings.

Behaviour Pattern:
    To achieve realistic behavior I had to make sure that there are no long periods in which the agent stands still and does nothing, that’s how I came up with the idea of having a base cycle of behaviors which extends itself upon possibility.

Here, the base cycle is built from the wander and idle state. This means: If the agent is currently in its idle state and no other behavior is triggered by the given conditions and a certain amount of time has passed the agent will switch into its wander state, where it remains for however long it takes to pass the given amount of randomly generated waypoints. And again, if that behavior isn’t interrupted by any other triggered behaviors, the cycle will go back to its idle state.

However, if f.E. the agent got hungry and found some food while wandering, it will exit wandering and switch to its eat state and as soon as this action is finished, it will go back to its usual base cycle.

Threaded Agent Awareness:
    As mentioned earlier – I tried to stay away from excessive collider distance checks as they suck up performance. Instead, I decided to make use of an observer pattern and make every agent trackable. The tracking actually stores the current position of the objects, it doesn’t update itself, instead, the agent updates his position in the tracking whenever it moves. The fact that I basically made up my own trackable object opened the door for multi-threading, as you can’t use Unity engine variables for threading. What happens under the hood is that the agents request to look for a target, those requests get queued and then processed after each other in another thread and return either a target or null to the requesting agent.

Asset Store Link

Feel free to use this thread for discussions, questions and suggestions.

2. skinwalker

skinwalker

Looks very nice but I need a tutorial video to see how it works before purchasing it, these 2 screenshots are not telling me anything.
    Why it requires unity 5.6.1, can you use 5.6 ?
    Does it work with navmesh surface ?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  3. Unplug

Unplug

site is dead, forum is dead, no update... why is this still on store ? and why this isn't better supposed as it sound quite good

4. lo-94

lo-94

Disappointed in this. Support seems nonexistent. I don't do social media and the link to your site is dead (and the link to this forum from product page is broken).

Kind of seems like this was a school project or something. Can't imagine a lot of time went in to this.

5. Unplug

Unplug

I bought it and it work pretty well. Very solid base to start working with and easy to adapt. Some stuff doesn't work perfectly out of the box, be ready to invest some time, but if you know coding a bit you will do great stuff with it. The code is very well done and is very efficient honestly. It's really sad she didnt work on it more, probably didn't get any sale and decided to stop investing time for some reason but this is the only animal AI on the store that seems as complete as it is. I didn't regret my purchase but Unity should not allow asset that doesn't have support

6. lo-94

lo-94

Behavior designer essentially does the same thing as this but much more. This is essentially a blank template class. While I wouldn't really call this useless in most instances, I would also not say it's worth the money being charged for it. Just expected more for the price point. This is essentially just a blank state machine with some rudimentary object pooling.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  7. Unplug

Unplug

those two doesn't compare at all and you are misleading people. First, the asset you are refering too cost way more than this one and you have to buy module. This is fully feature and all included and very low price. the code is easy to understand and to modify to get what you want. the performance is good.

maybe you don't like it, but thats all personnal. for the price, many will like learn and easily expend from this asset like i am

8. lo-94

lo-94

This asset is unprofessional and the dev is non-existent. I don't think most people like this. Save your money and get an asset that has actual support.

We can agree to disagree on this but I'm unhappy with my purchase. I'm voicing my opinion because there is little to no information on this asset in terms of feedback or follow up from the dev. If the dev cared there would be a response of some sort. The only review that existed was positive and I didn't feel the same, so I voiced that. Checking in on a thread isn't that hard, particularly if you have email notifications enabled. You should respond to the people who gave you their money for your product.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  9. rainbowmirza

rainbowmirza

Hi, Can you please send e-mail ID of Developer? I can't find this asset on asset store, Also the link at the top is not working...