1. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We’re giving 2017.1 beta testers a chance to win t-shirts and a Nintendo Switch. Read more on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Get further faster with the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack, free for new Unity Plus subscribers for a limited time. Click here for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Learn how you'll soon be able to publish your games to China in four simple steps with Xiaomi. Sign up now for early access.
    Dismiss Notice

Maya Animation Import Bug (Vertexes glitching)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by BlankMauser, May 19, 2017 at 4:56 PM.

1. BlankMauser

BlankMauser

Hello, I've run into a serious problem that I could really use addressed ASAP.

The animations are 100% fine in Maya. In fact, no other animations have this problem. We tried identifying whats different about these animations, deleting non-deformer history etc. and nothing seems to work.

The issue can sometimes be seen only for one frame, but it is very jarring on these animations. Basically the vertexes go crazy, stretching into infinity for no apparent reason. It is just a few vertices, and it is random which vertices it is for each animation.

This is very strange to me for multiple reasons. There is no bone that these vertices should be sharing any weight with to cause this. On top of that, some animations end with their legs completely different. Perhaps because an IK to FK baking problem, but this issue does not arise in other animations.

All curves are Independant-euler, anim compression and resample curves are off, nothing I have tried seems to help.

I would really appreciate any support on this matter.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 5:09 PM