Search Unity

Material Importing: SVG To Blender to Unity

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by jacksonatucker, Mar 21, 2017.

1. jacksonatucker

jacksonatucker

In the process of importing SVG files to blender and then importing these into unity I've been having trouble with the way textures export and import in the process.

Essentially I've been attempting to creat 2D "pixel art" style assets for unity in a 3D space so I've been creating the pixel images as SVGs and importing those to Boender, scaling them, and then taking those objects into Unity. The problem comes up with the way that each import into Blender of a different pixel art asset recreates the textures with default names that repeat as numbered names with every new project. Because of this each time I try and add a new one into Unity it will simeppy remap the textures from the first imported objects to any new ones.

Is there any way to prevent this happening in Blender or when importing to Unity? The objects are all flat and rotate to stay the same for player view so I've also considered the possibility of mapping the images to a cube/plane facing the player but I don't know if this can be done retaining the transparency and complexity of items despite the 2D appearance.

I feel there may be a simple solution to save the textures made each time so that numbering continues from the last numbered one from a different project.

Granted my experience with both programs is minimal but I haven't been able to find a solution to this bar renaming the hundreds of textures with each import.