Search Unity

Marketing an Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by HorrorGameMaker, Jul 23, 2017.

1. HorrorGameMaker

HorrorGameMaker

My name is Zach and I have recently purchased a company that sells Unity assets. Currently, our assets are focused on allowing developers to create horror games. Some of our features include resource management, monster hunting and attack AI, monster models, and VR. I feel that the package is high quality, but we are not making much in revenue.

Therefore, I would like to understand how to better market my asset from people who have successfully sold similar assets. What are the best ways to gain exposure and how can I increase interest in my product?

All help is greatly appreciated. For reference, our website is https://horrorgamemaker.com/

2. mgear

mgear

Hi,

maybe should sell that in asset store instead.. (to get extra exposure / traffic) ?

but just as a personal comment, it doesn't really look very impressive to make people buy it..
    (at least on the graphics, also one screenshot has stats window with 500 drawcalls, thats going to be quite heavy on cardboard phones..)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. HorrorGameMaker

HorrorGameMaker

The asset is also listed in the Asset Store. Could you please explain what 500 drawcalls means? (I'm a developer, but I'm not a Unity/game developer).

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Then realistically to save everyone headache and hassle you should probably pull the asset from the asset store because you will not be able to support the asset when someone needs assistance.

How do you plan to support the asset when someone has a problem, like low frame rates caused by over 500 draw calls?

This is a great place to begin learning important knowledge needed to support an asset framework you are selling on the asset store.

To your original question - a large and beneficial update to any asset usually can be marketed to developers through a number of avenues - to promote the enhancements of the pack.
    But first the package has to be updated with meaningful feature improvements.

neoshaman likes this.
  5. HorrorGameMaker

HorrorGameMaker

I have a team of freelance developers that I am working with, but for this asset I am not personally doing any of the developing myself.

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Oh - good. :)
    It's best to have a solid grasp of Unity to support the assets.

As previously stated - I think the best approach to promote a pack like that is to have a nice update that provides more "bang for the buck" for developers who have already purchased and those who will want to purchase when the update is available.