Search Unity

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fixed the Breast plate stretching. Update should be up in a few minutes.

ScreenHunter_2051 Dec. 20 16.53.png ScreenHunter_2052 Dec. 20 16.55.png

TeagansDad likes this.
  2. UltraTM

UltraTM

Hey will. Yes will buy it this week. I really like the clean slots. Would it be possible to update the older stuff also with the normal standard slots? Or are there still some naked body parts as extra slots in there`?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Not exactly sure of the meaning "normal standard slots". Do you mean instead of the modular slots or adding them as one slot?

Some of the others have extra slots since they were requested (wanderer, Cleric), but everything will have the same amount of slots from now on.

I'm very busy atm. Working on a big contract plus a few others and finalizing RPG starter 2 (would like to get that out of the way and finalized) plus a few requests, and part time studio work. I should update some (the Rogue set) which uses modular slots, but won't be able to do that for a bit.

TeagansDad likes this.
  4. treshold

treshold

Bandit armor looks very nice and usable in various situations :D

Deleted User likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

M_Orc 2 redo. Makes it compatible with existing armors:

ScreenHunter_2067 Dec. 22 21.29.png ScreenHunter_2068 Dec. 22 21.30.png ScreenHunter_2070 Dec. 22 21.35.png

TeagansDad, justtime and Jaimi like this.
  6. UltraTM

UltraTM

very nice. Will buy the armor now.

Would it be possible to also become the RPG Starter Pack 1 on your shop also?
    Cause im an asset store buyer. But the updates always takes so long to get the stuff there.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sent you a pm.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Quick UMA Base mesh (Still needs some tweaks. Wanted to try something out). Uses default UMA rig and UVs. Will be compatible with armors/outfits:

ScreenHunter_2070 Dec. 23 15.03.png ScreenHunter_2071 Dec. 23 15.03.png ScreenHunter_2072 Dec. 23 15.04.png ScreenHunter_2073 Dec. 23 15.08.png ScreenHunter_2075 Dec. 23 15.08.png

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2016
    Jaimi, hopeful and Teila like this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

10. hopeful

hopeful

This is VERY nice, Will! :)

Deleted User and Teila like this.
  11. KospY

KospY

Hello Will,
    I'm planning to buy some asset from you but I'm concerned about the current quality of the UMA hands.

Right now the UMA hand do not look good in first person / close up view. It's especially true for the UMA female character.
    It's a problem for me because I'm using the UMA character for VR body awarness and the first thing people do is looking their hands.

I know it's related to the default low poly base mesh but I recently saw some improvement for the head mesh in the "new body" folder on the last UMA on Github. If I'm not mistaken this body is from you and I wonder if there some planned improvement for the hand mesh too for the new body. Also, if anything is planned, I will really like to have an update of your asset with this new hands, because if I understand correctly, gloves will not adapt automatically to the new mesh.

12. Teila

Teila

Gloves replace hands in the UMA system, they do not cover them. So whatever hand mesh you use, the gloves will still work.

13. hopeful

hopeful

It is also possible the hands are too small in your UMA atlas. If you want your characters to look better, increasing the texture sizes of the slots, and increasing the overall size of the UMA atlas, are important considerations.

If that's not the problem, maybe you could show a picture of the bad UMA hands, and maybe a sample from somewhere of what you'd want them to look like?

TeagansDad likes this.
  14. Deleted User

Deleted User

The assets aren't specifically for FPS up close style games. They are optimized for stuff like mmos, rpgs, etc.. I'm currently pretty busy with contracts and wouldn't be able to do something like that for a little while.

The new base mesh will probably look better once complete. However, its not specifically for FPS VR type games.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/m...tipurpopse-avatar.262391/page-41#post-2896357

Your looking for something like "FPS" hands. For now I can only say add some higher resolution hand textures yourself on the UV. (There's also Fernando's high poly slots and retextures.)

I'll make a note of it for a possible FPS hands pack.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA M_Platemail 1 refit pre-final:

ScreenHunter_2086 Dec. 26 22.01.png ScreenHunter_2088 Dec. 26 22.02.png ScreenHunter_2089 Dec. 26 22.05.png

16. KospY

KospY

Didn't know we can increase texture sizes of the slots and atlas. I will take a look.
    Anyway I'm not sure that it will be better, I think the problem is more related to the polycount. When I look the hands in VR, they are a bit rectangular, on the female base mesh, it's worse and the hands seem really weird. I will show a picture of what they look like in VR when I come back at my office.

Thanks for your response. The new base mesh look really nice. I do not need an highly detailed hands but something better than actual hand will be great, so I think this new mesh will be good enough for me. Any ETA on this male/female base mesh?

Meanwhile, I need to buy one of your asset (I can't stay with a nacked avatar :) ) , my game will be in early access so I can start with only one or two generic armors, even if the hand are not so great (I can switch off full body awarness by default and use my own "floating" hand if needed). If the game is successful I will surely buy more from you, and better hands will be really nice in the long term (I want players to have a visual view of the armor weared).

Right now I'm looking about this two armors :

I have a preference for the second one but it seem only included in your new pack, can I buy it separately?
    Also, can you tell me if the hand mesh are the same between this two armors?

Thanks for your help :)

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

WillB quote:

(There's also Fernando's high poly slots and retextures.)

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14659
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14658

The armor hand meshes are not the same. Each set has unique gloves fit to the base mesh. They are interchangeable with upper body.

The Dwarf armor will be part of a pack of 4-5. I may add a pre-final version to the store sooner.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2016
    hopeful likes this.
  18. hopeful

hopeful

If the problem really is that the mesh doesn't have enough vertices, then as Will notes above, check out the high poly slots. If those are not high poly enough ... you'll either have to do something custom, or maybe something like tessellation (?).

19. Teila

Teila

Exactly how do you do this? :)

20. Jaimi

Jaimi

Go into the material you have the UMAMaterial pointed to, and setup some textures in all the slots that you need. If there isn't something there, Unity won't know about them, and your runtime changes won't work.

Deleted User likes this.
  21. Teila

Teila

Okay, a few of them were missing textures in the material, but not all of them. Some pointed to materials with skin textures in the UMA material, even though the clothing was not skin. Do I need a separate material for every piece of clothing? Runtime changes happen sometimes but not always. Not sure why. Do not see a pattern yet.

22. Jaimi

Jaimi

No, you only need to setup the material that the UMAMaterial points to. Sometimes with all the packages, there are multiple copies - if so, you should track them down and get rid of the ones you don't need. It doesn't matter what the materials actually contain - that data is all added at runtime. It's just that the standard shader has to be compiled with those specific textures in the slots, so it's know they are there, and it knows which version to use.

23. Teila

Teila

My problem is...what are these specific textures? Can you give me the name of one of them? I think I know, but not sure so if you give me that, I can find them. :) Sometimes things get explained and words are missing. lol

24. Jaimi

Jaimi

It doesn't matter which textures are in the slots, just that there are textures in the slots (the textures get replaced at runtime).

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

TeagansDad likes this.
  26. Teila

Teila

Thanks! Already done and working well. :) Appreciate the help.

27. Teila

Teila

Hey Will!

This gorgeous shirt has a hole in it! I was taking pictures for icons and saw the white background shining through.

Screen Shot 01-01-17 at 11.01 PM.PNG

28. virror

virror

Ouch, thats gotta hurt!

Teila likes this.
  29. Teila

Teila

I hate to do this...but I found another one. Simple holes that I can fix but others might not be able to do so. This is on F Upper Class 1 dress. (I was playing with the color...lol).

Screen Shot 01-02-17 at 11.56 AM.PNG

30. Jaimi

Jaimi

That is a gorgeous shirt! You might try putting some gloss in the color channel for the leather, would really make it stand out. You do that in the second channel, the "additive mask"

31. Teila

Teila

Great idea! Although, I would rather think of the shirt as made with home grown wool, not leather. It suits my story. lol But gloss would be great for the leather outfits.

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

Will have a look.

It looks like the torso is under the green upperclass and clipping with it. Might be a speck on the alpha mask.

Still a bit sick. Should be back to normal soon.

33. Teila

Teila

Aww, hope you feel better soon! No worries. I am in no big hurry so don't get out of bed on my account. :) Sorry you were sick over the holidays!

Deleted User likes this.
  34. Deleted User

Deleted User

F_Platemail refit is wip. Should be done soon and added to RPG starter 2.

TeagansDad likes this.
  35. virror

virror

I really like the plate armor! Looks a bit more realistic then many other armors : )

TeagansDad likes this.
  36. Deleted User

Deleted User

The plate armor is more traditional armor. The others are more fantasy type (made from a given reference). Might do some more medieval realistic types later. Might be a good pack. (When I can find the time.)

Fem plate is pre-final. After that it 's Admantite (RPG 3), trolls, goblins, face pack 2 and shirt pack 2. I think I might make the trolls and goblins compatible with existing armors.

Teila likes this.
  37. virror

virror

Looking forward to both face pack 2 and shirt pack 2 : )

38. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@justb - I for one would be very interested in a set of more realistic medieval armour types.

Teila likes this.
  39. Teila

Teila

Me too! Especially if it isn't all plate but some of the earlier armors or a mix. Realistic leather armor would be great.

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
    TeagansDad likes this.
  41. Teila

Teila

Hey, Will.

I have been setting up my character creation system and realize something that for me, at least, is a serious issue.

There is a smooth male without the six pack which is great. Because UMA allows you to make a big belly on the UMA, it allows me to make great NPCs and the players to have more options.

But...there is no female without the six pack. The first person who looked at my stuff saw that woman, standing there with her six pack and underwear and said, "So, does she always have to look at that strong?"

I wrote all this and my daughter said she could do it in photoshop. So...not sure it will work but will try. It would be nice though to get a smooth female body with the retexture set. :)

hopeful likes this.
  42. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey Teila. I'll make a note. (I also have the new male base mesh coming with a female version soon after.)

For now, perhaps your daughter could lightly paint some RGB 128, 128, 255 blue on the abs normal map.

hopeful and Teila like this.
  43. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2017
  44. treshold

treshold

Is it possible to buy bandit armor separately?

45. Teila

Teila

For those of you using UMA, I want to let you know that the Github version is very nice and much easier to use. Right now, the folders need to cleaned up and some simple documentation written. We are discussing it at the moment in the Slack thread, which is open to anyone, by the way.

I will make a little video today or tomorrow and show you how the customization can work with UMA. It really is nice. :)

mtornio, hopeful, treshold and 2 others like this.
  46. Deleted User

Deleted User

Will upload today or tomorrow :)

treshold likes this.
  47. Deleted User

Deleted User

treshold likes this.
  48. virror

virror

I can totally see this armor working in my game : )

treshold and Teila like this.
  49. Teila

Teila

Will, I have another problem. This time, I am using your fabulous high/mid poly heads. I found out that some of the clothes won't work with the head as the neck for some odd reason causes an issue. I did not notice that using the regular head so not sure why.

Screen Shot 01-14-17 at 09.05 PM.PNG

50. Teila

Teila

This one too.

Screen Shot 01-16-17 at 12.20 PM.PNG