Search Unity

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. virror

virror

Good to see the plan is already working : p

2. l0cke

l0cke

Real value of UMA is in code around its meshes and skeleton (UMA is framework). UMA character mesh with texture is actually not important at all, because this can be easily changed/upgraded and it is 1% of whole UMA package. But to understand this you must know, what exactly mean to make usable and optimized character controller. If you know, UMA is no brainer and it really does not depend, if I see on the picture boxy character from 1995, because rest is far more important. If you are doing RPG game, you must write very similar code no matter what and so UMA will save lots of time and knowlege. And yes, WillBs stuff is also very good argument, because he provides complete RPG package. There is nothing else in this ammount and quality.

hopeful and Deleted User like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Mithril Armor Low poly:

ScreenHunter_1801 Nov. 25 16.58.png ScreenHunter_1803 Nov. 25 16.58.png

Ramsdal and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
  5. Teila

Teila

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's part of the RPG starter 1 pack :)

7. Teila

Teila

Oh. So source files are only available if you buy RPG starter 1? I already had almost all the clothing so didn't buy it. :(

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sad face :(

Yeah. I didn't include them at first. I'll be including them from now on. If you need something feel free to send me an email.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2016
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Mithril armor pre-final:

ScreenHunter_1832 Nov. 30 22.15.png ScreenHunter_1833 Nov. 30 22.15.png ScreenHunter_1834 Nov. 30 22.16.png ScreenHunter_1835 Nov. 30 22.16.png ScreenHunter_1836 Nov. 30 22.17.png

justtime and Jaimi like this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Assassin high poly wip:

large1.png

11. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

Looks great, though this one will be hard to fit into my medieval rpg campaign ;) Will this also be part of the rpg pack?

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Nope. This is a contract. It will be standalone for Unity, UMA and UE4. Still wip :)

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Troll outfit concept:

troll outfit concept.png

TeagansDad and Jaimi like this.
  14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Mithril Armor is rigged and textures are completed. Should be finalized soon.

To keep you updated, I've currently a few contracts, so I'm working in between them to get things done.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

UnLogick and hopeful like this.
  16. UnLogick

UnLogick

Glad you like it, I've had it on the drawing board for a while but this weekend I got a sudden spark of inspiration and wrapped it up. The way I see it the only weak point is how to set up the colliders that the Cloth interacts with. But I know Secret Anorak is working on solving that.

Deleted User, hopeful and TeagansDad like this.
  17. Deleted User

Deleted User

New Default UMA hair. (Thank Secret Anorak for the shader):

ScreenHunter_1860 Dec. 05 14.002.png

Jaimi, Teila and TeagansDad like this.
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User

M_Wanderer lower waist fix is added to willbgameart.com RPG starter and RPG starter Lite.

Female Mithril is pre-final.

Teila likes this.
  19. Teila

Teila

Are you going to put the fix in the wanderer in the asset store? Not all of us bought RPG starter because we had most of it already. :)

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep. I just uploaded that quickly yesterday evening when someone mentioned it. I'm swamped with contracts atm, but it should be up soon.

Teila likes this.
  21. Deleted User

Deleted User

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

Unity store M_wanderer pants update submitted. (Includes blend files).

Teila likes this.
  23. Deleted User

Deleted User

hopeful likes this.
  24. Deleted User

Deleted User

Don't forget your DNA values with the Face pack(Generated folders). These give you your base face and body shapes if your using recipes with your character creator.

dna values.png

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
    Jaimi likes this.
  25. Teila

Teila

And what do we do with these? :) Lack of documentation means many things are missed.

Deleted User likes this.
  26. Deleted User

Deleted User

One person I was email chatting with was using recipes but wasn't aware of the Generated.asset values.

edit:

Re-worded post

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
    Teila likes this.
  27. Deleted User

Deleted User

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

Couple more shirts started (wip):

ScreenHunter_1935 Dec. 12 16.38.png ScreenHunter_1939 Dec. 12 16.46.png ScreenHunter_1938 Dec. 12 16.45.png

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
    treshold, Jaimi and TeagansDad like this.
  29. Teila

Teila

Hi!

I noticed some odd seams with your SSS body textures and faces....tried using the body retexture with SSS and had the same problem. Might be the lighting. I am using the latest Github UMA53, with DCS.

Screen Shot 12-13-16 at 02.30 PM.PNG

30. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@Teila - I've noticed those seams when applying alternate faces as wardrobe slot items, but not so much on the base model. I haven't tried it with the new default overlays, but I assume they're the same ones from the Body Retexture pack.

31. Teila

Teila

I have used the facepack with the body retextures often and Will suggests that we use these together. I have never had seams before. Now they are very prominent.

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

Strange. Might be one of the maps (ie skinmask). I will have a look at it later. Are you using not so fast not so fake shader?

33. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm getting slightly, but not as as much as yours. It looks like you have the blend slider in the settings to full. That blends the matcap.

You might have to import the fast fake shader before the unity package for the settings to take effect.

Here are the slider settings:

http://willbgameart.com/sss-pack-fast-fake-slider-settings/

Different lighting:

ScreenHunter_1952 Dec. 14 13.09.png ScreenHunter_1953 Dec. 14 13.09.png ScreenHunter_1954 Dec. 14 13.09.png ScreenHunter_1955 Dec. 14 13.09.png

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  34. Teila

Teila

I have the fast fake sliders. :) I will try to change the settings. Working with the UMA folks to find out why this is happening. It happens with PBR materials too, so not sure. Thanks.

35. Teila

Teila

Will, my settings were identical to yours. I was able to up the texture size to 2048 and that helped with the neck seam in the front. But the shoulder seam is in the texture it appears. Any chance you can fix that? I find it in every body texture, so not sure if it is something to do with Unity or UMA or simply a bad texture seam. Maybe it can't be helped, don't know.

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Teila Can you post a screen of that? The PBR should be fine. I will have a look later today or tomorrow.

Yes. If your face texture is 2048 and your body is 1024 the resolution will be drastically different and you'll get a slight seam (It's just the way textures and normal map pixels work). Try to keep the res the same (face 1024 body 1024 etc)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  37. Deleted User

Deleted User

38. Teila

Teila

They are the same size. :) It looks like it may be the lighting in the downloaded UMA53 scene I was using. I was doing this within a demo scene.

39. Deleted User

Deleted User

F_Dwarf Armor Tier 2 refit is pre-final. Will be added to RPG starter 2 soon

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

Troll Outfit wip:

ScreenHunter_1999 Dec. 15 21.36sm.png

Ramsdal and Jaimi like this.
  41. Jaimi

Jaimi

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Deleted User likes this.
  42. virror

virror

Yeah, really like that guy! : D

Deleted User likes this.
  43. Teila

Teila

Wish I had trolls in my game! :) Looks really good!!

Deleted User likes this.
  44. Deleted User

Deleted User

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

Jaimi likes this.
  46. Deleted User

Deleted User

Admantite concept:

Admantiteconcept.png

Ramsdal likes this.
  47. Deleted User

Deleted User

Mentioned in Slack today from dos:

important addition to UMA that means dna does not have to be hardcoded any more- DynamicDNA- check out the dynamic dna scene

hopeful and Teila like this.
  48. UltraTM

UltraTM

So iron and steel is in RPG Kit 2 and i was waiting for the MItril to have 3 T sets.$
    ´Do i need to buy it extra? :(

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

F_Bandit Armor added to RPG Starter 2 pre- order. Also added the arms as part of upper for overlay convenience:

ScreenHunter_2047 Dec. 20 14.06.png ScreenHunter_2048 Dec. 20 14.06.png ScreenHunter_2049 Dec. 20 14.08.png ScreenHunter_2050 Dec. 20 14.18.png

treshold likes this.
  50. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi. It's going in RPg starter 3 along with the Admantite. If you purchase it now, I can give you a discount on the RPG starter 3 when it's ready.

Final armor in RPG 2 will be MB1 Plate mail 1 refit.