Search Unity

[Closed] Making Unity IAP Service Works with Android SDK 23

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by alex534, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex534

alex534

I'm currently working in a project involving adding microtransaction inside our android mobile game. We are using Unity and the easy to implement service system (Unity IAP). Our project need to run with the Android SDK 23 in order to compile with the plugins we're using.

Now since we added the In-App Purchasing service, Unity need to use the Android SDK 24 to build an APK. It's actually showing me an error that it can't merge the AndroidManifest because of this contradiction. One place we need API 23 and another API 24.

Is there a solution ? Is there a way to download or import a Unity IAP compatible with Android SDK 23 ? If so where and how ?

I can't seem to find anything about this.

Thanks for you help

2. alex534

alex534

nicholasr likes this.
  3. nicholasr

nicholasr

@alex534 Thank you for asking about this issue. It is a confusing issue which now requires additional set-up to fix. It's seen especially when using Unity 5.5 or lower. It fortunately can be resolved, allowing you to continue using a Minimum SDK of Android SDK 23.

Android SDK 23 can be used as the "Minimum SDK" to build an APK with Unity IAP 1.11: The trick with IAP 1.11 is that your local machine must now have Android SDK 24 installed in order to build. Then building an APK with a minimum SDK Android 23 (or lower) will be possible.

Please see this thread for additional information: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/cant-use-iap-on-version-5-5.472094/#post-3079524

4. alex534

alex534

I installed Android SDK 24 and change my player settings so the Target API is 24, kept minimal API to the lowest possible. Everything's working fine now the game is building an APK.

Thanks a lot nicholasr !

ap-unity likes this.
  5. sam598

sam598

Hi, my project uses part of the Android API that mandates the Target API Level to be set at 23. Unfortunately a "Minimum SDK" of 23 and a "Target SDK" of 24 does not work. Setting the Target to 24 or higher causes the app to fail.

Is there a way to download an earlier version of the IAP asset that supports API 23? Would that be 1.11.0 or 1.10.3?

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.