Search Unity

Bug Making any change to CustomEditor / Menu greys out the menus

Discussion in 'Linux' started by knobby67, Feb 16, 2017.

1. knobby67

knobby67

Hi,
    if I have a script where I make a change editorgui, menus ect and make a change then most menu items grey out. So say I have new menu scenes->lobby -> level 1, lobby and levels is greyed out. It also greys most of the "official" menus are greyed out as well. The top of the menu is always shown but the "dropdown" items are greyed.

2. knobby67

knobby67

Hi I'm sure this is a bug as I've found how to do it. Basically if anything ( might just be warnings ) is written to console window much of the menu items are greyed out. Not just my own but also many unity ones. Some however are left acessable . For example window drop down everything is grey except layout, profiler, asset store, experimental and lighting, I can open these.
    I don't think this is my menus as I think I've had this for a long time, but never really noticed until I started adding custom editor menus
    I'm unsing 5.5xb8 with Lubuntu 15.10

3. knobby67

knobby67

Right this is definitely a bug, if I click on drop down "help" "about unity" all the menus pop back to life.

I'm guessing that somehow writing to console is setting the unity menu flag active to grey out menus and calling some menus e.g. Help about unity is reactivating this master flag. I'm guessing that some menus, the ones that still work have "local" flags set to override master flag? Sorry Unity knowledge not great yet, but it looks like something I've seen before on other software.

4. BlueDev5

BlueDev5

Hey Old thread, This is in fact a bug. I encountered this, on 2021.2, Whenever I change anything in the editor scripts, Most of the unity menus (including package manager, ui builder, ui debugger, file/new Scene etc) are greyed out. And thanks to knobby for the workaround. That workaround is a life saver.

5. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

I can confirm about this bug in 2021.2.3f1.