Search Unity

Making a home screen/master server in Unity

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by LeibGames, May 16, 2017.

1. LeibGames

LeibGames

I am trying to make a turn-based card game, in which players can have multiple games at once, and the games can be played over periods of days/multiple sessions of playing my game. This doesn't seem to work with Unity multiplayer, as to seems to primarily be a matchmaking system in which player's connect to each other, and I can't host the player's home screen (where they can see all of their current games, all news related to the game and statistics for their account) through matchmaking in this way.

I have done research, and I think I want to use the UNet system within Unity as it looks both cheaper for a turn-based game, and simpler to implement (without restricting options for a more complicated system).

What should I do? Should I use the old Unity networking system, which I believe contains a master server, and if i do what is the pricing for it? Is there a way to create a homescreen in the way I want using the Unity 5x UNet? Is using an alternate platform such as Photon more fit for what I want?

2. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

you should use a backend system like gamespark and record last action of the player on the mongodb then your opponent is free to load that data when he connect and update it later with its action. it should be pretty simple

3. LeibGames

LeibGames

Can you be a bit more elaborate