Search Unity

Make TeamDeathMatch

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by BigBlob, Jun 3, 2012.

1. BigBlob

BigBlob

I have my game Join and Host option, and when I host there are no tems, basicly its free for all. But I want to somehow make my game also have teams, for example: when I click host a button saying free for all and team death match. When I click on TeamDeathMatch it will all be same but when i click host and start hosting a GUI should appear sayaing blue and red. And when I click on blue I spawn as blue, and when I click red i spawn as red. Also I want to have simple friendly fire, so if blue shoots at his team mate the damage doesn't apply.

- Felipe

2. AdrianC

AdrianC

Ok. And what is your question?

3. DethRaid

DethRaid

You'll need variables and methods, preferably few variables and many methods. With those two things, you can do anything.

4. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Set up your variables i.e. blue bullet, then check to see if blue bullet hit anything. Or you could use raycasting and make a blue bullet particle or prefab with out a collider. Then if your bullet hit something (and) it hit an enemy; health - 5. Think about that. It can be as complicated as you choose to make it but it shouldn't be over the top hard unless you are using mySQL database stuff.

5. BigBlob

BigBlob

There are no questions in the forums, Thats why there's the UnityAnswers website.

6. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

I think your mistaken. Have you ever looked at the Unity forums or any forum in your life. Not to sound rude but they are both methods of asking questions.