Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Madewith.unity.com Support/Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by aliceingameland, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aliceingameland

aliceingameland

Administrator

Please read before posting!

We’ve recently updated madewith.unity.com (set to go live at 11AM CET/2AM PDT) and with any update we expect some bugs and issues. We’ve tried to answer many of your general questions about the update in this FAQ.

For those of you who made profiles prior to the update, you’ll need to edit your game profile to take advantage of the visual updates. Here’s a short list of items you’ll need to change:
    • Select two game genres
    • Select four sub genres
    • Online stores and release dates
    • Brief game description at the top of your profile
    • New header image size between 1920x750 and 2560x1440 pixels
    Should anyone come across issues with your existing page or setting up a new page, please let us know within this forum post.

The ideal format is:
    • a summary of the issue
    • Link and name of your profile (if you have one)
    • browser and OS
    • reproducible steps and images of the issue if possible
    Thanks!
    The Made with Unity Team

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  2. invicticide

invicticide

3. Democide

Democide

Hm. Can't update my game. It always tells me that a user "Martin Sharkbomb" (no hyphen) does not exist, when I want to save my changes. I'm guessing it strips the hyphen and then can't progress?

4. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

5. nathaniel-ventura-unity

nathaniel-ventura-unity

6. CarusoVincent

CarusoVincent

Hi,
    The company field in your subscription form doesn't accept .cool extension, so we cannot create our studio profile.
    Thanks,

7. mattogodoy

mattogodoy

I posted a game but it's still pending for approval. A message stated that it would take 2 days but it's been a week now and no news. Is there any step I'm missing?

This is my game: https://madewith.unity.com/games/jetfight

Thanks!

8. ChrisKurhan

ChrisKurhan

9. nathaniel-ventura-unity

nathaniel-ventura-unity

We're really sorry about this issue , we've taken note of it and have let our internal team know. The best workaround for the time being is to use a link shortener like http://tinyurl.com/ to link to your website.

ChrisKurhan likes this.
  10. nathaniel-ventura-unity

nathaniel-ventura-unity

Hi! Your game has been approved. Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Buhlaine likes this.
  11. SovietGames

SovietGames

Hello.

I am trying to share a story through my madewith.unity.com profile, but I seem to get the following message every time I try to upload an image:

Is there anything that can be done about it?

Edit: the problem seems to be fixed now

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    MrLucid72 likes this.
  12. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Trying to update an old MWU profile @ madewith.unity.com/profiles/imperium42-game-studio

Keeps vaguely saying my social media links are wrong [Feedback: Show which link is wrong]

Which is wrong? The Steam link goes directly to the Greenlight page and everything else is a direct link. I realized below I put an incorrect URL for LinkedIn (forgot /in/) but fixing it doesn't cause err to go away. Chrome stable, w10.

EDIT: Removing the Steam link fixed the issue. I tried adding my generic community page link ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/imperium42 ) and that, too, was not approved.

I'm fairly certain the Steam social media links may be broken :)

13. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

I just got this

14. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Anyone else experiencing this? I had the old grandfathered profile that has some information that you currently cannot have anymore -- would this impact anything?

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Anyone having a hard time editing their entries? I'm getting "403
    Access is denied" everywhere, using the correct account that was initially used to create them.

Thanks!

16. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Still getting my err above - any word? I'd love to update my ancient page.

17. rsodre

rsodre

Hi,

My Dev Profile is on "Reapplied for Approval" status for almost 2 months, is that normal?
    How much more time do you need?
    Company name is Studio Avante.

Thanks,
    Roger

18. SiJaf

SiJaf

When creating an account, the forms do not accept sites with a ".life" domain.

My studio's site and name happens to be inochi.life, though :) And thus http://www.inochi.life/

Could you allow ".life" domains, please?

19. rsodre

rsodre

I have so many reasons to start saying stupid things to Unity, but I really really don't wanna cross that line.
    I just want you to solve all my Unity problems, one at a time, so I can focus on my games.
    Can you (or anybody else on your team) solve this one?
    Please?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    MrLucid72 likes this.
  20. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Hmm - is this thread still being watched?

21. rsodre

rsodre

Should be, since it's pinned and open.
    Maybe @nathaniel-ventura-unity is listening?

22. AFrisby

AFrisby

Can also echo that '.space' domains do the same thing.

23. Eipix

Eipix

Hi, there!

Same problem as some of the other folks here - the status of our developer page is "reapplied for approval" for almost a month now. Can you please tell us if there is something that we're not doing right, or if something else is the problem? Our profile page is at https://madewith.unity.com/profiles/eipix-entertainment. Thank you in advance!

24. rsodre

rsodre

Hey @aliceingameland, is anyone listening here?

MrLucid72 likes this.
  25. thelmak8

thelmak8

what do these 2 error messages mean an how do I fix them?

1. To many vertices in one mess.

2. Stack overflow exception.

26. diegoadrada

diegoadrada

Hi nathaniel, we created our Made With Unity profile two weeks ago for share our game Motor Strike: Immortal Legends for PlayStation 4, which is already on PS Store for sale. Do you know how long it takes for the verification process to publish our MWU profile?
    Thanks!

27. devotid

devotid

I also put my game on there 3-4 weeks ago and have heard nothing back. This whole thing seems to be abandoned. What a bummer to have to wait over a month to get something "approved" that I worked hard on preparing. I did a story, Dev page and a game page and have heard NOTHING back from anywhere. :/

@nathaniel-ventura-unity ?

Can we maybe get someone to look at this for us or news on if this marketing effort is done and abandoned?

MrLucid72 and diegoadrada like this.
  28. Multidevan13

Multidevan13

Attached Files:

29. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

This is the feedback/support thread mate, wrong place to post this.

30. Multidevan13

Multidevan13

Sorry. Can you guide me to the right thread?

31. wwenthin

wwenthin

How long does it take to get the dev profile approved? I'm pretty sure I coming up on a month.

32. Igor-Lemon

Igor-Lemon

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  33. WF_Bart

WF_Bart

Hey there,

We're launching our game tomorrow, so we've updated our MWU page.
    However, it's still showing the previews of the old YouTube videos even though we uploaded new ones! When you click on them, it loads the right video, but the previews are wrong. They show a_very_ old version of the game and our first launch trailer, both of which are no longer representative of the quality of the final product.

https://madewith.unity.com/games/herald

MWUwrong.png The wrong preview images.

MWUright.png But the correct video plays.

Can someone please see if this can be fixed?

@nathaniel-ventura-unity I've also sent you an e-mail about this issue.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  34. Martin_H

Martin_H

The one you tagged in your post doesn't seem to frequent the forum much: "last seen: Jan 10, 2017" and afaik there are no mail notifications for getting tagged.
    I'm pretty sure you'll have better luck with getting help from @aliceingameland . Good luck!

35. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Hi there,

I've been waiting for developer approval for more than a month, I suppose there something wrong and you cannot see it pending. Can you please take a look?

@nathaniel-ventura-unity
    @aliceingameland

36. LightStriker

LightStriker

We have been stuck on the "Awaiting approuval" for 6 weeks now.

37. Liga97

Liga97

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  38. bedtimeklaus

bedtimeklaus

Hello Unity team!

I've been trying to upload a story since last Friday and I've been struggling to do so. Here are the problems I stumbled upon:
    1. Trying to implement youtube videos through direct link made just wide, blank space appears in the text, and copy-pasting the embedding code implemented the video but messed the structure of the text, making it disappear behind the video player. I can remove these players and instead insert an hyperlink linking to these videos, but that ruins the point.
    2. I've been trying to upload the text, but when clicking "save and publish", nothing happens. I see three dots appearing at the bottom of the page, telling me something is loading and then... That's all. If I refresh the page, a blue banner appears on top of the edit tools ("Story has been updated.") but nothing is published. If I try to "save and preview", I get the blue banner + a red one reading "The content on this page has either been modified by another user, or you have already submitted modifications using this form. As a result, your changes cannot be saved.". When trying to access the story from an incognito browser window, "Access is denied / 403 If you think this is wrong then please contact IT for assistance" is displayed.

I'm at a loss. That's the 2nd time I've tried uploading a story on MWU, and everything went perfectly fine the 1st one. Any idea what's not working as intended here?

Pinging the support team in this thread, just in case: @nathaniel-ventura-unity ; @aliceingameland

Thanks in advance!

39. xipeluife

xipeluife

40. borderlineinteractive

borderlineinteractive

Hi,

When I created my profile I mistakenly hit the submit button before everything was ready. Since I submitted again, I am in the status "Reapplied for approval" for nearly 2 months. Is this an expected turnaround time for the approval process or is there something wrong?

This is the link to my (unapproved) profile:

https://madewith.unity.com/en/profiles/borderline-interactive

41. Liga97

Liga97

42. TaehongJeong

TaehongJeong

43. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

Hi,
    looks like our profile is stucked in the "reapplied for approval" state. We submitted about 3 weeks ago.
    Also we have multiple saved as draft profiles that we can't delete anymore. Looks like everytime we save a change in our current profile it will create a new draft, but we only want one. -> is this intended?

Profile: https://madewith.unity.com/en/profiles/doorfortyfour

Thanks in advance for having a look at it.

44. MasoInar

MasoInar

45. Exbleative

Exbleative

46. fazhom

fazhom

47. guidoponzini

guidoponzini

I try also here... My profile still pending by weeks, unable to post projects, I see ideograms even if I choose English, if I try to delete a draft profiler I get error popup... It's possible to receive support about this issue? I tried with several messages in different posts but no luck! Hope here

48. Surreal

Surreal

Our developer entry also says Waiting for Approval, though at times when submitting the story we've gotten the "Your profile is approved" message. When trying to access our story externally, we get an Access Denied page

49. guidoponzini

guidoponzini

The frustrating thing is that NO ONE is taking this thing... It's not possible to have a support help, neither by message neither here on the forum, as I'm seeing...

50. Toxophilite

Toxophilite

Hey everyone! My friend and I just finished a game and we would love feedback! The game is here. Its called Sling It and its a super simple but quite hard mobile game! Let me know what you think! All you need to do is tap to play. Tap to start and tap to exit the orbit of the big circle (will make sense when you play it).

Thanks!

PS. The uploading pictures from the game into the MWU thing is hard for mobile.. My game plays in portrait mode so all my pictures had to be rotated haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.