Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Madewith.unity.com profile and story creation is moving to Unity Connect

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by aliceingameland, Jul 25, 2017.

1. aliceingameland

aliceingameland

Administrator

In September, madewith.unity.com profiles and stories will migrate to Unity Connect. The goal behind this effort is to create a singular online hub where you, the Unity creator, can showcase your work, experience, find/post jobs, and connect with other members of the Unity community.

The decision to consolidate to Unity Connect offers an enhanced level of control and engagement above what has been available on madewith.unity.com. In addition to the ability to instantly self-publish and update work without having to wait for approval or curation: you’ll have immediate, total control over what you showcase and when.

We understand this change opens up questions and we want to make sure you have all the info available to you. Please read through our blog post to understand how this change will affect content you’ve posted on madewith.unity.com.

Thank you for being a part of madewith.unity.com and we look forward to your future posts and updates on Unity Connect!

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have all my work listed in Unity Connect, including Unity and non-Unity projects. I don't see a problem with it, as I use Unity Connect for my portfolio, just as I use it for my resume. In that sense, it's better than LinkedIn, and in fact I removed my LinkedIn account and use Unity Connect as a replacement.

3. VanGoghShock

VanGoghShock

Unity ID and Made with Unity allow an individual to write and publish games under a pen name or pseudonym. I don't see any way to do this on Unity Connect. So when our profiles our moved, will everyone's pen names or pseudonyms be publicly associated with their real names? I understand that Unity needs to know our real names, but using a pen name for public interactions provides for more privacy.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Unity Connect has company profiles (and right now if you have a company it's actually better to post all your projects on your company profile and then add yourself as a collaborator), so if the migration could go into a company profile that might solve it, and I think I would prefer that.