Search Unity

Mac OSX: Apple rejected app, because they couldn't start it?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sunlight, May 18, 2017.

1. Sunlight

Sunlight

Hi,

We've made a game, which runs without any problems on Mac OSX. But for the Mac OSX App Store from Apple, the game must be codesigned.
    I've done that a lot of times in the past and there I didn't have problems. But I have made a clean install of OSX on the Mac a few weeks ago. I installed all the certificates and they seem to work. But I can't check in the terminal, which codesign commands I used in the past, and there maybe the problem...

So in Unity I build the app with the Mac Appstore Validation.
    Then I edit the info.plist, add the icons, create the entitlements-file (do all which was listed in several documents) and go to the terminal.
    There I type in the directory of the app:

chmod -R a+xr “APPNAME.app"

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: COMPANY-NAME" "APPNAME.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libmono.0.dylib"

codesign -f --deep -s '3rd Party Mac Developer Application: COMPANY-NAME' --entitlements "APPNAME.entitlements" "APPNAME.app"

productbuild --component "APPNAME.app" /Applications --sign "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer: COMPANY-NAME" "APPNAME.pkg"

Everything works fine, even with the libmono.0.dylib. There I get the result that the existing codesigning will be replaced. I am not sure, but I had in mind, that we have codesigned 3 lines in the past, but we didn't have used any more Frameworks or Plugins.

Then I test the pkg. I install it and was asked about the login-details and I login with a iTunesConnect testuser-account. The app will be installed and when I try to run it, it will be closed after a few seconds. Then something curios happenes. I must login again with the testuser and after that the game starts without problem.

I upload the pkg with the ApplicationLoader 3.1 (3.6 didn't work, because it says to me, that I can't submit an IPA-file, even it is a pkg, a lot have that problem and use an old version of the loader) and that worked too. But I got the result of Apple with the rejection: "...launched app and immediately stopped from launching." So they can't start it.

When I check the codesigned app with "spctl -a -t exec -vv <APPNAME>" I got the result:
    <APPNAME>: rejected
    But I didn't know where I've done the mistake?!

Does anyone has an idea of what I am doing wrong?

Cheers.

2. Sunlight

Sunlight

It was something because of the certificates.

But I wonder: Finally I can't test it with the iTunes-Connect-testuser-account and the test with
    spctl -a -t exec -vv <APPNAME>
    still rejects, but it works (I test it when I bought it from the store and it works), that's the important!