Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MAC OS X model problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheBladeRPG, Aug 20, 2017.

1. TheBladeRPG

TheBladeRPG

Hello,

I'm new to Unity so im learning all from scratch and for learning purpose i built a demo game on a PC using some stuff from assets store.
    Up to here all fine, game is fine and a PC build works great.

I built a Mac OS X version from the PC and run it on a Mac, if all is fine, one model i got from assets store named "strong knight" (free) shows hallow, dark and a bit trasparent ! so its not showing correctly while on the PC version its show correctly.

i tried copy the project from the PC to Mac and build it again for Mac (both unity on PC and Mac are same version 2017.1.0f3). I get exactly the same problem, the character is hallow and dark in unity and in runtime.

I saw a solution on web saying i need rebuild the lights. I did that, it didnt solve the problem and it srcewed up the whole project, all scenes looked crapy now. so i deleted and restore from backup.

last try, i exported the project as a package from PC and import it in new project in Mac.
    Up to here in unity, the character show correctly but after building it, the Mac .app have a hallow dark character, the strange part, if i run the game in unity, the character shows correctly.

Up to here i dont know what to do and seek your help.

What is wrong with this character model not showing correctly on Mac ? (joined picture)

Thank you for your help

regards

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  2. TheBladeRPG

TheBladeRPG

ok i figured out the problem:

in build setting need remove the check on "auto graphics API for MAC"
    a list will show up, need remove "Metal" and keep "OpenGLCre"

this fixed the problem for me

3. User340

User340

You could send the model to Unity as a Bug Report. I'm sure they will be very grateful.

JoeStrout likes this.
  4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Absolutely; Metal graphics is pretty new and I'm sure they will be glad to have this example where it's not rendering correctly.

Thank you for also reporting back to this thread with your findings.

Good luck with your project!

- Joe

P.S. It's "Mac", not "MAC". Writing it MAC just tells Mac users that you don't understand their platform. ;)

5. TheBladeRPG

TheBladeRPG

i didnt know its a bug
    ok then i will report it
    thank you