Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac build refusing to open

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DriftyChild, Mar 22, 2017.

1. DriftyChild

DriftyChild

Using the latest version of Unity on Mac, making a Mac build (86x), I've discovered that my builds no longer open. When I try to open them: They'll appear in the dock for a few seconds, and appear to be loading, but then the icon will disappear from the dock and nothing will happen. It doesn't even reach the Resolution dialogue.

I've tried restarting Unity, and restarting my computer, to no avail. Opening older builds does work. Only builds I've made since this morning have the issue.

I've been using Unity for a year and a half, and this is the first time I've experienced this.

Help?

2. DriftyChild

DriftyChild

Update: I figured it out by sheer chance. The issue was that in the Player Settings, I had "Mac App Store Validation" selected. I don't know WHY this caused it to not work. From my understanding, that check box simply allows it to work when bought from the Mac App Store. If anyone can clarify this, that would be appreciated.

3. Carwashh

Carwashh

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/PlayerSettings-useMacAppStoreValidation.html

4. DriftyChild

DriftyChild

Ah, I see. Thank you.

Carwashh likes this.