Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac App Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moonjump, Oct 20, 2010.

1. seon

seon

You run them from Terminal.

2. kag

kag

Ah. Simple answer. Thanks, Seon. The way the Apple Dev site described the
    process, it lead me to believe that they were somehow run from inside XCode.

3. Phil™

Phil™

Thanks Andres. I don't use PlayerPreferences, for various reasons, so I'll use the folder you referred to.

4. kag

kag

Does anyone have an opinion on why codesign would return the error message: "cannot find object code on disk ."
    Codesign appears to have accepted the signing certificate info, and is now unable to find the intended application.
    Is this an issue with the app's info.plist?

The path to the application is properly entered, and the application itself opens and runs properly and is not damaged.

5. LeshaVH

LeshaVH

Could I have a link to download beta, please? :)

6. azeitler

azeitler

7. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

Can I have the link to the download beta? Getting ready for a mac store submission..

THanks

8. mcabral

mcabral

@MantasP Thanks, did you get a chance to read my PM?

9. Raphael Dias

Raphael Dias

Hello everyone,

I am trying to submit an game to MacAppstore but I am having a problem.

I followed the Matthew's instrunctions changing the info file correctly and then validating the permissions using "chmod -R a+xr "/path/to/Your Game.app", then Codesign and Productbuild. Everything was fine and I was able to get my .pkg file. Then I tryed to install it using:

sudo installer -store -pkg path-to-package -target /

But it simply doesnt work! The instalation runs correctly, with no erros or warnings, go from 0% through 100%, with all "passed" stuff but then nothing happens. The game is not installed.

Do you have any suggestions?! I was hoping to get this submited as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

10. ugur

ugur

The package won´t install if you have the app already there. You´d have to delete the app so you can then install it again by using the package.

11. Raphael Dias

Raphael Dias

Hi,

Yeah, I did that. The only file in the computer is the .pkg file. I have also the original Unity files, but I think it isnt a problem, right?!. I simply dont know what is going on here...

12. Raphael Dias

Raphael Dias

There is something strange actually. The instalation process go slowly from 0% to about 50% and then jumps to 100%, but without any errors. I dont know if it means something...

13. Raphael Dias

Raphael Dias

Wow, I just noticed the .pkg file has only 12kb! My full game has 35mb. I dont know what happened, I have followed all the steps. I remember someone in the community with a similar error (very small package file).

14. seon

seon

Sounds like your DATA folder has the wrong permissions. Check them to ensure they are not NO ACCESS for everyone but are instead READ ONLY for everyone.

15. Raphael Dias

Raphael Dias

Hi Seon, thanks for your answer.

I agree, sounds like DATA issues. I just checked and the permissions is correct "Everyone: read only". The Unity have already generated the file with the correct permission for the DATA folder. (I am using the 3.2 beta).

There is also:
    myself: read and make changes
    staff: read only.

Is it ok?! I am new with macs.

16. Raphael Dias

Raphael Dias

I dont know if it has anything to do, but when I open the "pkginfo" file (not the info.plist) inside the 'content' folder of my MyGame.app, there is just one line that says:

APPL ???? (exactly like this)

And then, in my info.plist file there are two sentences that might be strange. They are:

Bundle OS Type Code: APPL
    Bundle Creator OS Type Code: ???? (exacly like this, again)

Those two lines were generated by the Unity itself, when I built my intel-only .app file.

Is it strange? I am still having the same problem: My game is ready and I followed all Matthew'steps for permissions whatsoever but when I build my .pkg file from the .app file I always get a 12 KB .pkg file from a 35 MB.app file.

Could someone please help me?! I would appreciate very much.

17. callahan.44

callahan.44

hmmm... small package problem? ;)

(I hope you sort out your App problem btw)

18. Raphael Dias

Raphael Dias

The .app is OK and running correctly. But I dont know why it fails to build the .pkg file.

19. lene3

lene3

Sorry for my poor English...

I got the feedback from Mac App Store...

" This game is a lot of fun and totally adorable, but it makes my computer heat up. I played on my a Macbook Pro 6.1, 2.66GHz i7, 8GB 1067MHz DDR3, 256GB SSD. Why so hot? My Macbook has never been more than warm and this game made it burning hot. Also, this was the only program I was running at the time so the game was definite cause. I uninstalled immediately and shut down. "

Does anyone who know this problem??

My game Link is..
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touch-fly/id414849179?mt=12

20. Dreamora

Dreamora

Sounds like you didn't set a framerate limiter (application.settargetframerate), have all full of physics where not needed, use shader that are far from optimal or you have other stuff hooking up cpu time not required.

through usage of the profiler in unity pro you can find out what exactly is the cause.

21. lene3

lene3

Thanks dreamora!

I will check framerate. (Application.targetFrameRate)

22. Dreamora

Dreamora

Just in case: if you don't own Unity Pro but are willing to learn something new, you can also use XCodes profiler (Shark) for profiling on OSX. One of the benefits if you sift around on that end :)

23. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Your bug report contains no repro project. Such crash reports are rarely reproduced.

24. FredericRP

FredericRP

Ok, I wanted to test it and it's done ! Unity is truly multiplatform: after a launch last summer on iPhone, this time the Memory by EG is on the Mac ! (and on my Android too, but not yet on the market)

Many thanks to Matthew for his article on packaging unity games for the mac store and thanks to mantasp for his speed to answer with the needed 3.2 beta !

25. langju

langju

I am not sure but does unity 3.2 will include Mac Appstore Compilation (without having to manipulates files commands ) ? I've read lot of the message in this thread bt i do not have seen something confirming or not this ?

any help ?

26. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Hi,
    I asked the same question in the announcement forum but maybe I should have posted here as this is the more specific Mac App Store thread. Asking the same thing langju is asking, and yes I am repeating the question because it is an important one that hopefully someone from Unity will answer very quickly.

Are builds created with 3.2 compatible with Mac Appstore (rules/tech... whatever was the problem)

Cheers

27. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Yes, but it still requires some manual packaging work.

28. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

cheers mantaps

29. nikemerlino

nikemerlino

I have a problem with productbuild. This is the command line:
    productbuild --component "/path/ *.app" "/Applications" --sign "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer: Softlogic"*"/path *.pkg"
    like Blurst suggestions.

the output is unrecognized options --sign ecc.
    Without this signature the package was rejected by Apple.
    I have both certificates : 3rd Party Mac Developer Installer, 3rd Party Mac Developer Application
    codesign works fine, I have a problem with the last step...

Can you help me please?

30. nikemerlino

nikemerlino

I have done all the procedures but it seems to be a problem.

This the answer from Apple.

Dear Developer,

Thank you for your recent binary submission for "La conferma della regola" to the App Store. Unfortunately we discovered an issue with your binary that you will need to correct in order for your application to proceed to the review stage. The specific issue is outlined below:

Invalid Signature - This error occurs when you have signed your app's installer incorrectly. There are two certs required for this process: the "3rd Party Mac Developer Application" cert and the "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer" cert. When signing your package, you need to ensure that you are using the Installer cert to sign your package. Ensure that you are specifying this cert when submitting your app via the Xcode Organizer or when running productbuild from the command line.

Once you have corrected the issue, please return to the application's version details page in the iTunes Connect Manage Your Applications module and click on the Ready to Submit Binary button. This will take you through the binary submission flow and return your application version status to Waiting for Upload. You can then use Application Loader to upload your new binary. If any other issues are found with your submission you will be contacted.

Thanks,
    The iTunes Connect Team

Attached Files:

31. nikemerlino

nikemerlino

SOLVED !!
    Now the application is Waiting for Review. I passed the first obstacle...
    The problem was the application signature not the installer signature, the Apple's answer was not really clear in this.
    Anyway this was my procedure:
    after doing a new codesign I have done a new productbuild then I deleted the application and I wrote this command line:
    sudo installer -store -pkg "/AppName.pkg" -target /
    I launched the application and I opened Console and this was the line what I'd been waiting:
    13/02/11 19.53.40 storeagent[1139] promptResponse: <CKSignInPromptResponse:0x10030e940 returnCode:-1>
    Before this line was:
    13/02/11 19.29.21 storeagent[979] Unsigned app (/Applications/Regola.app).

32. Phil™

Phil™

Could you be a bit more specific about what manual packaging work is required? I've just had my two submitted games rejected because Unity 3.1 uses a private API (Yes, it's the thread_stack_pcs thing) and I'd like to be certain that I'm not going to waste another month and get rejected again this time.

They also made reference to something like "<~/.wapi>". Is this also a Unity thing and is it fixed in 3.2 or do I need to do some "manual packaging" work to prevent it?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  33. ezone

ezone

34. bakno

bakno

Let me check if I got this correctly. What ezone says it that Unity 3.2 already takes care of the thread_stack_pcs and ~/.wapi issues ?

35. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Yes, that's correct.

36. bakno

bakno

Great! Thanks

What about the Data folder privileges?

37. Phil™

Phil™

So we still have to manually fix all the stuff in the info.plist which Unity gets wrong, but the two things we have no control over are not an issue any more?

38. ezone

ezone

Looks like the Data folder privileges for everyone are now set correctly to 'Read only'.

But you still need to update the info.plist and create a 512x512 icon with the makeicns utility

39. Phil™

Phil™

Ah yes, the icons. I forgot I had to do that last time. Thanks a lot ezone.

40. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Am I right in assuming this is no longer a problem in 3.3?

41. pieter

pieter

Just to make an additional remark for Unity 2.6.x games:

The libmono.0.dylib fix linked above didn't work out so well for us. It caused bugs in the gameplay a bit, like certain enemies wouldn't die anymore. And because I didn't have the source of the game at that time, I couldn't debug and try to figure out what caused this.

Anyway, I found another solution to work around the "~/.wapi" bug without replacing the libmono.0.dylib file. Here is how we did it:

1. Right click your .app file and choose 'Show Package Contents'.
    2. Go into Contents/MacOS and create a file called 'startup.sh', open it up with a text editor and enter this:
      Code (csharp):
      1. #!/bin/sh
      3. export MONO_SHARED_DIR="`dirname \"$0\"`/"
      5. exec "`dirname \"$0\"`/YourGameExecutable" $@
      And replace YourGameExecutable with the name of the other file in the Contents/MacOS directory.
    3. Make the startup.sh file executable by running
      Code (csharp):
      1. chmod a+x startup.sh
    4. Now open up the Contents/Info.plist file into a text editor and change the string underneath the key 'CFBundleExecutable' from your executable to 'startup.sh'.
    5. I'm not sure this last step is absolutely necessary to make a package out of your app, but you need to run this command to let Mac OS X know that the Info.plist file in you app was updated:
      Code (csharp):
      1. /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -v -f Path/To/Your/Game.app

( these steps were inspired by this answer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ith-environment-variables-set/1182744#1182744 )

After doing these steps, the ~.wapi directory isn't accessed anymore when you start your game.
    So after this you can sign your game and build a package and it should be approved by Apple, just as our game was approved last week.

42. josemauriciob

josemauriciob

4 month trying to upload a unity game to mac app store .....
    I use Unity entitlements tool, and reject 4 times .....
    please .... need help , I can pay via paypal
    thanks a lot !

43. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

44. josemauriciob

josemauriciob

hi .. and thanks..
    now my app is waiting for review again .....

but i receive days ago this from apple ...

how can I fix it ? or
    unity 3.5.6f4 fix this ??????

tghanks for any help !

by the way just a small question ..
    here is the picture of my entitlements..
    some error ?

how looks like ?
    http://forum.unity3d.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41268&stc=1&d=1354132205

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012