Search Unity

Mac App Store build plugin

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Luke_161, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Luke_161

Luke_161

Hey all,

I recently went through the process of packaging a Unity build for the Mac App Store, to streamline the process I wrote a little Unity plugin which I've uploaded on GitHub should anyone find it helpful!

https://github.com/luke161/Unity-MacAppStoreBuilder

It basically takes the steps outlined here and automates the packaging/signing inside of Unity, so you can set everything up inside the editor and include it in your normal build pipeline.

2. Gerold_Meisinger

Gerold_Meisinger

3. Mark-Sweeney

Mark-Sweeney

I'm getting two errors when I select the build during the 'Run the build tools' step:

Parent directory must exist before creating asset at Unity-MacAppStoreBuilder-master/Assets/MacAppBuilder/MacAppBuilderSettings.asset.
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:CreateAsset(Object, String)
    MacAppBuilder:Build(String) (at Assets/Unity-MacAppStoreBuilder-master/Assets/MacAppBuilder/Editor/MacAppBuilder.cs:55)
    MacAppBuilder:MenuBuild() (at Assets/Unity-MacAppStoreBuilder-master/Assets/MacAppBuilder/Editor/MacAppBuilder.cs:26)

UnityException: Creating asset at path Unity-MacAppStoreBuilder-master/Assets/MacAppBuilder/MacAppBuilderSettings.asset failed.
    MacAppBuilder.Build (System.String applicationPath) (at Assets/Unity-MacAppStoreBuilder-master/Assets/MacAppBuilder/Editor/MacAppBuilder.cs:55)
    MacAppBuilder.MenuBuild () (at Assets/Unity-MacAppStoreBuilder-master/Assets/MacAppBuilder/Editor/MacAppBuilder.cs:26)

I have Mac App Store Validation checked (App does not open when I do this, is that normal? If it's unchecked, it opens fine.)

This is the MacAppStoreBuilder folder inside my Unity project: