Search Unity

Assets Low Poly Cloud Generator

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Deleted member 1123102, Jun 11, 2017.

1. [ASSET STORE]

-=- Low Poly Cloud Generator -=-
    The Low Poly Cloud Generator is an easy to use addon for the Unity Engine. Add the component, set a couple of parameters and hit generate. It's this easy.

It's currently a work in progress, but i'm planning on releasing it some day.

Here's the illustrated feature list:

Current Features:
    - Generate Clouds in the Editor
    - Set the main spheres of your cloud
    - Set vertex count
    - Export to a universal .obj file
    - Seeded randomization - same seed with same parameters returns the same mesh
    - "Fill" : Make a convex hull from all the spheres, making a fluffy cloud!
    - Slight offset - add a random offset to each sphere, so that your clouds are different from each other!

Roadmap:
    - Better Inspector
    - Community Feedback
    - Asset Store release

What do you think? Make sure to leave feedback in the thread!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. nicolasbulchak

nicolasbulchak

This looks really cool. Would love to see some combination between fill / fluffy to get some almost Pixar style clouds.
    toystory.jpg

3. That does look cool! I'll see if i can put something together after my finals.

Thanks

4. Uploaded a cloud over to sketchfab:

5. Been experimenting with wind. What do you think?

6. Made some new clouds:

7. A preview of the upcoming Low Poly Suite

frbrz likes this.
  8. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Adding branches would really help a lot I think, take for example these trees: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/57866

Trees with branches add much more realism while still preserving that low-poly look. At the moment the green of the tree looks like it's just a cubic rock with a green material, if you know what I mean. I like how the clouds look!

9. Yeah, trees with branches are indeed very pretty compared to these. I'll look into L-systems soon, but currently, i'm just trying to put out a minimum viable product and then work on that. Time's been very short due to school work.