Search Unity

Losing Connection With high latency

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Jeffom, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Jeffom

Jeffom

Hi,
    I`ve already set the pingtimeout to 5000ms and Disconnect Timeout to 15000ms to try to avoid this.
    When I tunnel a player to Sweden and try to start a match, everytime after the player joins a room in matchmaking he`s unable to send messages. When I test locally it works fine (even thought both players are using unity relay in both cases).
    Does anyone have similar issues?
    Can anybody from unity support help me?

Thanks,

2. Jos-Yule

Jos-Yule

Could be the different Unity Relay servers - i think there are geo-located, so a player in North America would have a different relay server from a European player. Maybe.

3. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

We do have region specific data centers, in this case it's likely using our European data center in Frankfurt. If you're able to talk to MatchMaker but not Relay (which is what you're describing) it's likely because the UDP packets are blocked by the network the other player is on. Some networks do this to prevent gaming or media streaming. Unfortunately there's not much we can do at the moment to fix that at the moment, but we are working on fallback transports for situations like this.