Search Unity

Looking for a 3d cooking game template or tutorial.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Iron-Shark, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Iron-Shark

Iron-Shark

Im new to coding but not to modeling and animation. I want to make a cooking game which would be similar to Job simulator or Cybercook but without VR. Now I see lots of 2d cooking game templates but not a 3d one. The only one that comes close is https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/69619 but that doesnt actually have cooking. Its really just a sandwich maker. I want to be able drag the patty onto the pan(preferably with physics) and flip it with the mouse in order to get both sides cooked even.

Would it be possible to use the 2d cooking templates but replace the sprites with models? Does anyone have any sort of tutorial for cooking?Or a template?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Game development is about a lot more than just reskinning an existing package and releasing it as a game. It sounds like you want to just make art for a game and not make the game itself. You might have luck finding someone to collaborate with in the Collaborate forums.

If you do want to make it yourself, you're gonna have to be prepared to get your hands dirty and probably learn some code, or learn how to do visual scripting with something like Playmaker. You're simply not going to find an asset that does everything you want that you just pop some art in and suddenly have a game anyone's interested in playing.

With all that said, the asset you linked to seems like a great starting point to learn how to do certain aspects of what you want to do. You'd just have to figure out how to add in the parts that it doesn't include.

3. Iron-Shark

Iron-Shark

Thanks. Im going to purchase that template but I just wish there was a tutorial showing me the step by step coding for the type of game I want to do. Some code stuff I can learn by reverse engineering but I would need help learning how to add features which it doesnt include.I can do basic things if I have a step by step guide. For example ive already made a simple bowling game and pong type game through tutorials.