Search Unity

Long load times for asm.js

Discussion in 'Web' started by grimunk, Mar 17, 2017.

1. grimunk

grimunk

Hi all,

Is anyone experiencing very long load time for asm.js? I have noticed that in certain situations, such as being somewhere with not quite stellar internet like a hotel, asm.js takes a long time to load - the worst I've seen so far is 15 minutes. When I checked in the debugging tools, it showed that asm.js was not compressed, and that the server it was coming from was slow.

Is it possible to host our own asm.js (or a gzipped version)?

2. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Did you deploy a release version? (so that the generated build is gz-compressed)

3. grimunk

grimunk

It is a release build. I see that asm.js is included, and it not gzipped. I suppose we could a gzip module, however is there any way to gzip it and import the .gz?

4. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

release builds asm.js file is supposed to be compressed. Did you open the file locally after building your project?

5. grimunk

grimunk

No we didn't open it locally - and we're not using OSX (has the auto-unzip behavior). We have deployed the version under /Release, but it definitely didn't get compressed once it was deployed. We'll try it again a bit later and I'll post an update.