Search Unity

Lobby and Matchmaking questions

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by pKallv, Jul 15, 2017.

1. pKallv

pKallv

I have just started to play around with the Lobby/Matchmaking functionality in Unity. I am following this excellent tutorial:

However, I have a few questions regarding the lobby and matchmaker:

1. Does the functionality make sure that each match name is unique?
    2. Lets say that the game get's hundreds, or thousands, of matches how would the players manage that in the lobby? Filters, search boxes etc? Maybe get the player teams ti use unique prefixes...
    3. If I have a game that has a maximum of four players, that is normally friends and/or know each other, is there any smart ways of simplify the matchmaking? I know about the possibility to use the ip-address but isn't that a bit complicated?
    4. In my test game i have four players with their own prefabs (Red, Blue, Green and Yellow), which i handle in the NetworkManager code. Anyone knows how to handle this in the lobby-matchmaking function?
    5. Is there any good way of making some sort of pre-match that a group of players can join automatically?
    6. Anyone knows of good and documented examples of lobby/matchmaking that are not the normal tutorials on YouTube?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017