Search Unity

LIQUIDUM PRO v1.6.x - Unity Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WILEz1975, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Crossway

Crossway

Thanks man, please keep this up to date. I'm going to use this asset too.

2. Crossway

Crossway

Everything is cool except performance! After enabling rain emitter my frames drops from 100 to 50! is there a way for a better result?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    magique and ftejada like this.
  3. thiruda

thiruda

GameObject Liquidum.LiquidumScript.TheCam{ get; set; }

im getting the errror : Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/LiquidumRainEmitter.cs(28,25): error CS0538: The type `Liquidum' in explicit interface declaration is not an interface
    How do I fix this?

4. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

What version of Unity? When did you import the asset into unity, did it automatically update the code? Liquidum version?

5. magique

magique

I see the new version of LIQUIDUM has been released with the new wetness effect and some other features. I'll definitely give this new version a try. All the new stuff sounds great.

ftejada likes this.
  6. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @WILEz1975

@WILEz1975 or @magique Could you put some video with the tests of these new features of the latest version

I love this asset but I have some doubts before buying ...

1) How the new features work. Can you choose the objects that we want to be affected by the Liquidum Rain?

2) and if it works well with Unity 2017

3) how performance goes. Can you show some demo with the 2017 Unity versions?

regards

7. magique

magique

I haven't tried it yet, but I might be able to give it a try later today in 2017. If I do, I'll post back here with my thoughts. I can't guarantee a video though since I'm pretty busy with another project.

ftejada likes this.
  8. magique

magique

The wetness effect worked really well for me except for one case. I only had to add the object to a list in the LIQUIDUM main component and it added the rain wetness effect. As easy as can be. Unfortunately, it didn't work when I tried to use it on a skinned mesh renderer even though it has a Standard material applied. I thought the only requirement was it must use the Standard shader, but there must be something else there as well. Perhaps this will be added in the future.

I tried with the latest 2017 and it worked perfectly. The only thing I had to do to get the demo scenes running was to import the Legacy Image Effects package, which are used by the asset.

Performance looked good for me. I didn't see much difference whether the demo was raining and wetness was applied and when nothing was going on. Maybe ~5 fps if any difference. I have a Geforce GTX 1060 card.

ftejada and hopeful like this.
  9. ksam2

ksam2

It is the best rain and snow asset I ever seen. just performance doesn't looks good for me. if it was possible to make performance a bit better that would be cool.

ftejada likes this.
  10. ftejada

ftejada

+10 :)

11. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

The fact is that Liquidum has a total control of the effects, even of each drop. This involves calculating the movement and appearance of each element.
    But, I could make a lite version, suitable for mobile devices.

Crossway and SpaceRay like this.
  12. magique

magique

A mobile version would be great. What about doing effects on the GPU to improve performance? PA Particle Field asset does an amazing job at GPU particles. Maybe something like that.

SpaceRay and ftejada like this.
  13. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

First of all, change shaders. For the mobile version they would be lighter.
    And change "approach", with a global management and not for every single drop ...

Crossway likes this.
  14. magique

magique

@WILEz1975 Do you have any plans to address the wetness issue with skinned meshes? The effect works great on static meshes, but not on character models and that would be a great addition.

Also, any word on the mobile version?

ftejada likes this.
  15. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I'm updating right now (for Unity 2017 2) including skinned meshes. But according to my tests the effect already works with skinned meshes. What problem did you have?
    For the mobile version it will take a little longer.

EDIT:
    True ... the script looks for a Mesh Renderer and not a Skinned Mesh Renderer. Now I fix it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    ftejada and hopeful like this.
  16. magique

magique

Awesome. I look forward to that.

Thanks for the update.

17. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

18. magique

magique

Fantastic!

19. magique

magique

Just a thought. Will we be able to control the wetness independent of the weather? It would be nice to use this wetness on characters when they swim in water too.

ftejada likes this.
  20. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Exact. The project would be that. Not only it influenced by the rain but also the entry into the water.

21. magique

magique

@WILEz1975 I can't get the effect to turn off where you see water cascading down the camera. I don't mind the trail drops, but I don't want the cascading water. I tried turning off pretty much every setting in the LIQUIDUM prefab, but nothing seems to work.

[EDIT]
    I found it. It was the Additional Distortion settings.

hopeful likes this.
  22. magique

magique

However, I can't figure out how to turn off the gray streaks I see on the camera.

upload_2017-10-28_11-17-1.png

I'd like to turn that off if possible.

[EDIT]
    D'oh! Found it. Static setting.

WILEz1975 and hopeful like this.
  23. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

ah great;)

24. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

25. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I own already Liquidum and think is awesome and amazing great effect of realistic rain and like it much, BUT the big problem I have is that I can not use it because I am making mobile games, and it seems that is not optimised for mobile, and would be really great and useful to use this beauty of asset in mobile too.

26. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I'll try. Surely it will be "conceptually" different. I can not use the same calculations system of mobile.
    But something I invent it. ;-)

27. magique

magique

@WILEz1975 I've been chatting with @AdamGoodrich , the developer of Gaia and other products, and we got to talking about his new open source World Manager API. He said he'd be willing to chat with asset authors on Skype to help them integrate their products. I think LIQUIDUM would benefit from this WAPI integration. Basically, it's a lightweight API that makes integrations with time of day and weather assets very easy. I was wondering if you'd be willing to tackle that for addition to LIQUIDUM?

lawsochi likes this.
  28. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I think it's a good idea.
    It is to be considered that I have really little time. I need to update Liquidum, create a mobile version, create a stand-alone version of the Wet/Dry effect, and complete the mobile game (OKY) I'm developing. A lot of things. o_O
    But if this is an easy and fast thing, you could talk about it.

29. magique

magique

I understand. I think it's probably a fairly quick and easy thing to do, especially by you who wrote LIQUIDUM. However, if nothing else I'll tackle it myself at some point, but it'll just take longer.

30. magique

magique

I just wanted to report that LIQUIDUM doesn't play nicely with Hydroform Ocean. Without LIQUIDUM the ocean is visible.

upload_2017-10-31_14-34-42.png

But with it on, the ocean disappears.

upload_2017-10-31_14-35-2.png

31. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

A strange thing. Liquidum affects only the camera, should not hide anything. To know what happens I should test it with that shader.

32. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Wet&Dry on water

ftejada likes this.
  33. magique

magique

Yeah, it's weird. It definitely has to do with the camera effects though. If I turn that part off in the hierarchy then the ocean becomes visible again.

34. lawsochi

lawsochi

Hi, I have a question, what decision did you take to integrate with the World Manager API? this is a very big undertaking, can be very useful for everyone. (why this did not make Unity an open question ....). Thank you.

35. KillerNads

KillerNads

Hey, i purchased this for the Glass Rain Drops and window effects, ive followed the documentation but i cant see anything appearing on my window. My game is in SPSR and is in Desktop VR for HTC Vive. Ive added tjhe script onto the window and made it unique so that i can play around with the parameter settings. But i dont see anything appearing on the window.

Please can you help me out to get this feature to work, otherwise the asset is useless for me and a waste of my money and time.

Thanks.

36. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Hi,
    Unfortunately Liquidum does not support VR(or at least I've never tested it).
    Please, send me your invoice code for a refound request.

KillerNads likes this.
  37. KillerNads

KillerNads

Oh really, thats a shame :( i thought i finally found a glass shader that can do water drops and trails for my windows in my house :( Im pretty sure that it was marked as Oculus Rift Compatible?

Thanks for offering a refund. If you can not get this to work, then i will send you over my invoice now. Thanks.

38. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

I have a question @WILEz.IT,

Does this wet/dry make wet only the part of the character that enters water or it is just a change in the specular/smoothness of the whole material? I have implemented the code for doing the latest but I would love to be able to have a way to make wet only the part that entered the water, like in Drake's Fortune game.

So is this asset capable of doing that? In your video demo I only see the whole character entering the water pool, so I wonder...

Regards,
    Carlos

ftejada likes this.
  39. magique

magique

It only affects the whole material.

40. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Ah ok, thank you.

41. dbknights2000

dbknights2000

Receiving errors with the particles in Unity 2018. An update will be needed.

42. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Yes.
    I'm working on it.
    Unfortunately, the old particle system has been disabled since version 2018.
    Update soon.

ftejada, Hikiko66, hopeful and 3 others like this.
  43. magique

magique

@WILEz1975 I have seen an issue with LIQUIDUM for a long time and just never got around to reporting it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I use the default prefab I never see Lightning even though thunder sounds are going off consistently. The only time I get the Lightning effect is if I click the Thunder Emit Now checkbox during run-time. But all the Thunder settings are turned on by default and I can hear thunder. Is there something else I need to do to get the lightning to trigger for storms?

44. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Strange, it should work. Maybe it depends on the distance of the lightning effect.
    With what version of Unity are you using it?

45. magique

magique

Currently using 2018.2, but I've seen this on 2017 and 5.6 as well. It doesn't matter what version.

46. magique

magique

@WILEz1975 I have an idea and wondering if there is a way to make it work. I have a scene in my game where the player is inside a humvee vehicle driving in the rain. I want to use the glass effect on the windshield, but I also have windshield wipers going. So, I'm trying to see if there's some way to apply a mask to the effect so that I can have the rain affect the entire windshield, but then clear the area affected by the windshield wipers each time they cycle. Any ideas if this is even possible?

Crossway likes this.
  47. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I'm implementing this feature now.;)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  48. magique

magique

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks very much.

49. schmosef

schmosef

Thanks for the update. I just created a test project with it and I'm getting the following error:

Assets\LIQUIDUM\Data\Scripts\Liquidum_AutomaticWeatherEvents.cs(131,1): error CS1056: Unexpected character '​

Is anyone else getting this error?

Adamantius likes this.
  50. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Hi, i just want to know if there will be an update for this asset to support URP?