Search Unity

LIQUIDUM PRO v1.6.x - Unity Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WILEz1975, Aug 31, 2014.

1. MarcusWatson

MarcusWatson

I've tried it on Unity Free and it appears to have issues. The Liquidum panel is dark and the text is unreadable. When I start the game there is a big black panel covering the middle of the screen.

Attached Files:

hopeful likes this.
  2. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I'm sorry for the problems you've had. You work on Mac?
    Anyway I sent you an email.

MarcusWatson likes this.
  3. MarcusWatson

MarcusWatson

I'm on Windows 8, latest version of Unity, but the free version of Unity doesn't have the theming which might be what's affecting the panel. I've tried it on 2 machines just in case.

I'll have a chat with you over email and we'll see what we can do :)

4. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

Hi, I am new, just bought Liquidum to integrate it into an Oculus Rift Project I am playing with.
    It seems that the documentation .doc is broken (the linked images do not show up in Open office---I don`t have word so i don`t know if it is an Open office thing) I would rather prefer a .pdf if possible.

Also I am confused about the prefab setup.
    I dropped the Liquidum (Main Script) prefab on the standard Oculus OVR PlayerController as suggested in the doc and I get an exception on play:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Liquidum.Awake () (at Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/Liquidum.cs:799)
    not sure what this means.
    Liquidum seems to run partly (I need to switch off a couple of options because it overides my Marmoset Skybox in the default settings to see my own Sky). But I don`t see any drops on the camera.

This is just a first impression, I have not yet studied the examples, but I want to let you know that, you should check the Asset with the Oculus avatar or you should clarify the docs how to set it up properly.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    hopeful likes this.
  5. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

Hmm--- I have tried to insert Liquidum with a weatherEventArea and a WeatherFX (Rain& Hail) into my VR scene and now I get this exception error:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    LiquidumRainEmitter.Update () (at Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/LiquidumRainEmitter.cs:246)

It looks to me as if the script wants to move the Liquidum Object to mainCamera and fails--

Ok,now I created an empty scene with a plane and a couple of cubes and the Oculus OVR controller--
    I assigned Liquidum, a weatherzone and an FX and-- I dont get the error, but I also get no Liquidum Effects but the lightning---

I have no clue what I could be doing wrong, the demos run fine, and when I use a standard first person controller instead of the Oculus OVR controller Liquidum runs fine.
    Could you please check the latest OVR controller from Oculus and give some advice on how to setup Liquidum with it?

Thx in advance.
    You have a nice Asset here with a lot of VR potential if it runs.

kurylo3d likes this.
  6. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

I would like to know this as well. Could determine on wether i buy your asset or not :p

7. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

You get the same result with Unity Pro if you run it with the bright Layout in Preferences instead of the dark one (I prefer the bright one to the dark one because it is easier for me to read).
    Seems that the Background of the Component does not adapt to the color of the Layout.
    In Unity free this makes it nearly unusabel because the dark layout is not available.

8. MarcusWatson

MarcusWatson

Thanks for looking into that. At least it means that Wilez should be able to reproduce it without having to install the free version of Unity.

9. melonhead

melonhead

just purchased this asset thinking it would work on unity free before seeing this forum, seeing as no pro only disclaimer on asset page, will be requesting refund.

10. melonhead

melonhead

can it get any worse not only does it not work in unity free now an houre after i purchaee it the price drops by 50% in the madness sale. refund requested

11. Frogger007

Frogger007

Hi melonhead,

try the following.

Load the demo scene 'demo03(WeatherEventAreas Example)'.

Select the gameobject 'main camera/Liquidum (Main Script)'.
    Under 'Liquidum script' search for 'Additional Distortion Configuration'.
    Deselect 'Use Additional Distortion'.
    Under 'Liquidum script' search for 'Static Liquid Configuration'.
    Deselect 'Use Static'.
    Under 'Liquidum script' search for 'Trigger Distortion Global Setting'.
    Deselect 'Trigger Distortion'.

Now you should see something !

Tried with Unity3D 4.6.2 Free.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Navid and MarcusWatson like this.
  12. CampioneDev

CampioneDev

Unity Free here, same problems. I tried the solution in the previous post, I do see something now (instead of a completely black game view) but nothing pleasing to the eyes, just some black disappearing boxes and crude black trails... I think the rest is fine (rain, audio, etc) but nothing that I couldn't achieve with Unity tools alone or other assets.

For the Unity free users that want to mess with it, you can switch the inspector in debug mode as a workaround for the layout problem.

I should ask for a refund but I won't, I hope my money will work as an incentive for further development. But in the meantime I suggest the developer to add a disclaimer to the description in the asset store ASAP, at the moment it is more than slightly misleading and during a madness sale it could really hurt your reviews...

13. Frogger007

Frogger007

Hi unfalco,

"... just some black disappearing boxes and crude black trails..."

Go to the directory 'assets/liquidum/data/materials'.
    Select the material 'Liquidum_Drops', under shader select 'Particles/Additive' (Inspector.jpg).
    Do the same for the material 'Liquidum_Trial'.

Set the alpha value for the 'Liquidum Drops' to 32 and for the 'Liquidum Trial' to 64, or to a less low value (Color.jpg).

Now they should have the right color !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Navid and MarcusWatson like this.
  14. Elecman

Elecman

-Is rain on a plane (in 3d) supported already?

-Can you make rain flow up (on a car windshield)?

15. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

How can i use this in a multiplayer game?
    Do you have any informations on how to do this with your asset in a good way?

16. Frogger007

Frogger007

Hi MarcusWatson,

"I've tried it on Unity Free and it appears to have issues. The Liquidum panel is dark and the text is unreadable. When I start the game there is a big black panel covering the middle of the screen."

Go to 'Assets/Liquidum/Data/Scripts'.

Load the 'Liquidum.cs' script.
    Line 33, simple remark this line '[W_BoxBGr("",5000,2000)]public string space1;' into '//[W_BoxBGr("",5000,2000)]public string space1;'

Attached Files:

17. melonhead

melonhead

tried the above still wont work properly so refund is now in progress, it seems to be something to do with the shaders and the main camera depth, to see the rain drops and trails the depth needs to be below 0, but on unity free when it is set below 0 you get a big black box in mid screen, you can do the above workaround but you get no distortion effects.

i already have unistorm but since v1.6 they removed the rin onscreen effect which they promised back for 1.8.1 but it was never put back which is the only reason i purchased liquidum for the rain on screen effects so without them it is useless on unity free. thanks for the help anyway.

18. Frogger007

Frogger007

This is what i see after my workaround on unity3d 4.6.2 free.

Pictures (Screen1.jpg) (Screen2.jpg).

Picture (Screen3.jpg) - I have set 'Drop on Screen multiplier' and 'Trails on Screen multiplier' to 10 each.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  19. melonhead

melonhead

you can get to that just lowering the far clip on the unistorm cam, but still in unity free there are no distortion that the water would create which ruins the effect of having water run down the screen, also in demo 1 as your pictures are from take a look at the water falling and the puddles they are black.

when it runs the same in free i would repurchase, it needs to be made clear that to get the look of the videos you need pro

20. Frogger007

Frogger007

Yes, unity free has no distortion effects.
    I think a asset like 'FXLab' could handle things like this for unity free.

Yes, the black falling water and the black puddle are a problem too.

Demoscene 1.
    Gameobject 'Level/Drain_Emitter_p'.
    For the 'Drain_Emitter_Script' the drain type must be set to 'normal'.
    Values for the color red, green, blue 213 each and 32 for the alpha value.

21. hopeful

hopeful

From what I can tell, distortion on indie is going to be slow. If you get it, I doubt you'll want to use it.

I have Liquidum, but I don't really care to use the droplet effect. Maybe I'll use it when I get Unity Pro. But I like the other stuff, like realistic sequencing of thunder to lightning flashes, the weather controller, the waterfall, and so on.

22. Earthens

Earthens

I see a few people are complaining about performance in Unity Free, but has anyone got any experience with using Liquidum with Unity Pro? Are there performance issues there too?

23. loadexfa

loadexfa

I'm also on Unity Free. Considering this is advertised as "No Unity Pro-Only post effects", please provide a version that works with Unity Free including the dark skin issues (very difficult to see and tweak settings).

I was able to see some effects following the advice of Frogger007 (thanks for that) so I have hope this will work out but we need the author to provide a version that does not require work arounds.

24. Max70

Max70

Hi,
    I like very well these effects :)
    But it seems that it does not support DX11, no ? :confused:

Max.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  25. mrekuc

mrekuc

Have you or anyone else tried running in Unity 5? Just curious. I haven't spent a lot of time but demos did not work.

26. Max70

Max70

Here seem work fine with Unity5 with DX9 (but not DX11 like v4), although there are one or two correction to make in the code.

27. dleight

dleight

How well does this work on mobile? I'm most interested in iOS devices.

28. Navid

Navid

@WILEz1975 Nice asset, but please fix the panel issue. With Unity Free it´s hard to read/set parameters.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  29. mBeierl

mBeierl

Thanks. Should really be this way from the beginning. Should be removed from this asset as standard.

30. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Works great from my first experiences in the editor. Distortion doesn't work with Android Pro on devices, had to use Frogger007's advice to achieve basic functionality on my device. Still very happy, but those effects would be cool on mobile..

31. super-cypher

super-cypher

has this been abandoned? doesn't look like the dev is answering any questions. It looks really nice, can anyone that has bought it already do a test on say an iphone 4s (unity pro, ios pro) and see how it performs?

thanks

32. hopeful

hopeful

The dev was last online about 3 days ago, but wasn't in this thread. I'm not sure he even knows his plugin is on sale.

If you want to talk to him ASAP, PM him. See if that works.

33. mc15601

mc15601

Can anyone tell me if they are using this with UFPS? I've tried to use it with UFPS, but I don't get the camera distortion. I'll keep playing with the settings to see if I can get it to work.

34. Navid

Navid

@mc15601 it works for me(using Frogger007´s settings) with ufps/unity free android/ PC, but not with ufps/unity ios free/ Mac!

35. MagnetiCat

MagnetiCat

Hello guys.

Ok trying to ask this before I go into the script and try to figure it out.

Anybody is having this issue? I see these bands in the sky. This is on Macbook Pro with Intel HD Graphics card, Unity Pro 4.6, using First Person controller.

http://imgur.com/3sUPl5S

The product works otherwise without flaws.

36. Navid

Navid

@MagnetiCat Camera Clipping Planes/ Far seems to small.

37. mc15601

mc15601

Navid, I'm not sure I understand exactly. His settings seem to fix the issue with the Unity free version. I am using Unity Pro. I see the rain and all it's glory but I don't see the camera distortion when I try to apply it to UFPS character. Maybe I'm missing something?? :)

38. Frogger007

Frogger007

Hi MagnetiCat,

you must set 'Camera/Clipping Planes/Far' to a greater value (Camera.jpg)

And you can set 'Liquidum (Script)/Cloudiness Configuration/Clouds Dome Scale' to a smaller value. (Cloudiness.jpg)

Overview.jpg as an example pic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  39. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Dev answered my email question within 20 minutes a few days ago.

40. Frogger007

Frogger007

Nice, but why there are no reactions to the newests forum posts ?

41. hopeful

hopeful

Why not PM him and ask?

42. MagnetiCat

MagnetiCat

Navid and Frogger007, thank you so much for the reply. I am trying this now.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I have been working too much in the past days.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  43. MagnetiCat

MagnetiCat

Working beautifully, thank you so much!

44. super-cypher

super-cypher

dev has been on here twice since i posted question above and never answered this thread. I also pm'd him with no response!!!

45. loadexfa

loadexfa

+1.

I would be fine if his post was "sorry need more time, so many emails cuz of the sale". Then at least everyone who bought the product knows he didn't just decide to abandon it.

46. hopeful

hopeful

I've emailed him at his support page email address. We'll see if that gets through.

47. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Sorry for the absence.
    Unfortunately at this time are very busy with a big and important project for Unity 5 and my time is little.
    But Liquidum development and updates are not interrupted!
    I am not very present here but I try to answer to all e-mails.
    As requested, I exported the documentation in pdf format.

http://wilez.it/liquidum/Documentation/liquidum_doc.pdf

Many updates and bug fixes are planned.;)

48. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

question, i dont know if this was answered yet, but does this work in unity 5? and 2nd question, does it work with occulus vr?

Very important it works fine with both for my projects :)

Also any way we can get a web player test version instead of these youtube videos. To this day.. i can barely see anything and dont really know all that this product encompasses.

Edit: just noticed from documentation it does state it supports occulus rift. :D, still though would like to know if unity 5 has any problems.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  49. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

1. Not yet. But I t 'something that I must do.
    2. I have worked to make it work with Oculus and in early Oculus versions, my asset worked well.
    Unfortunately in the last vesions of Oculus package there are some problems (because of Oculus several minor bugs) that I have yet to solve. But I can not even chase all Oculus Unity package bugs :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  50. arkon

arkon

Does this plugin work on IOS mobile devices?