Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

LIQUIDUM PRO v1.6.x - Unity Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WILEz1975, Aug 31, 2014.

1. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

2. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Awesome stuff man

3. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Big Update!:D

Gozdek and gurayg like this.
  4. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi. can you tell me. is there any way to make this type of effects with this awesome tool?

dur...2:01 want to make this type of effects.

bets wishes,
    play_edu

5. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Not at the moment. But it is a good idea to be included in the next version!
    It will not be difficult to add also that effect but i do not know how it will behave executed along with the other drops effect.
    I will work immediately to add this type of effect.

Tnx for idea!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    ksam2 and Play_Edu like this.
  6. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

First sketch. I'm working on.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    Play_Edu likes this.
  7. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

How do you make these droptraces?
    Do you animate them in a 3D programm?
    How can i made them if i want a special kind of droptrace or splash?

8. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

No pre-animated sprites, all effect type are dinamic and configurable from inspector or script.
    Now the asset (in old v1.2 version) is on-line for download:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21414
    A lot of features ar coming (trialdrops effect in the video are in the next update, v1.3).

9. Frogger007

Frogger007

Is LIQUIDUM useable with unity free ?

10. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

This is a good question. Sorry but I do not have a definite answer at the moment. I will have to try it with Unity free.
    I have not used image effect, lod, etc..No Unity Pro features. But not having a Unity free version installed and I can not confirm 100% at moment.
    But I think so, work with Unity free.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  11. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I send the 1.3 version to asset store four day ago. We wait only Unity Asset Store Team.
    And the 1.3.5 version (with realistic and dinamic sounds, camera angle how manage drops on screen... and a lot of new features) is ready!

12. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

So if there are no prerendered sprites, how can i change it to my needs so it does not look like every game that do use your nice asset?

13. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Yes, there are sprites but there are not frames of an animation but a simply set of sprites to differentiate the drops on the screen.

Obviously you can change and modify to your liking.
    Is also possible to use multiple sprites-set and changing it at runtime by calling a simple function.

14. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Update 1.3 is out.

15. RolandGil

RolandGil

Nice job!

16. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

3 of major new features in LIQUIDUM v1.3.5

Sorry for misspellings :/

gurayg likes this.
  17. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

Is this tech compatible with the Oculus Rift?

18. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I would like to use this with UniStorm, an asset also from the asset store.
    How can i use the rain from Unistorm to use your asset?

19. olix4242

olix4242

Great effect. Bought it today. Thanks.
    I have a question: I would like to put the "camera effect" away from camera, on a plane. I have a sscene where I want it to appear on a glass (simple vertical plane). I have attached Liquidum-effect to a plane (instead of a camera), but the drops get positioned on a different depth of a Z axis, and my train distortion effect is gone. How can I achieve this task?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  20. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Yes. In the 1.4 Liquidum version you can disable rain effect without stop drops and trial effect and use the unistorm or other rain effect. After that you can manage DropsTrails and DropOnScreen effects (and all other Liquidum effect) depending on the amount of rainfall issued by unistorm.
    Obviously you will need to write some scripts to get amount of unistorm rain and set amount of DropOnScreen, DropsTrails etc. I dont know unistorm code.

Some example:

//To stop Liquidum rain use:
    Liquidum.LiquidumScript.RainEmit=false; //Stop Rain

//To set the number of Drops on screen (if you want cambine with other rain quantity emission)

Liquidum.LiquidumScript.DropsNumberLimit=10; //Set to 10 maximum number of drops on screen

//To set the number of Trial drops on screen (as for the drops on screen)
    Liquidum.LiquidumScript.TrailsNumberLimit=10; //Set to 10 maximum number of trial drops on screen

//To clear all drops on screen:

Liquidum.LiquidumScript.ClearAllDropsImmediately=true;//Fade all the drops on screen

//To manage the static effect on screen:
    Liquidum.LiquidumScript.FadeInStaticNow=true;//Fade in the Static Effect
    Liquidum.LiquidumScript.FadeOutStaticNow=true;//Dissolve the Static Effect

etc....

You can manage individually each effect or set all effects are affect by rain quantity and storm power.
    For now drops on the screen are related to the amount of rain. In version 1.4 there is the possibility of making the drops independent from the rain. I've send version 1.3.5 from a week ... Just waiting for the Unity asset store team.

The drops on the screen effect is made to be used on the camera and not on the objects (planes etc.)
    I might add this feature to the next update but it would be very wasteful of resources. I will work to add this feature.
    For the moment, on a mesh can be applied only cascada effect.

I'm not sure. I do not have a device Oclulus available to testing it :) But I believe that there are no problems.

I'm working for 1.4 version:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    ScruffyNinja and hopeful like this.
  21. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

THNKAS FOR ANS....

22. hopeful

hopeful

I don't know if you have it yet, but one rain sound I can see using would be very heavy rain. Heavy rain might occur naturally, and it might result from an ability given to a player.

Which brings up another question: can these water effects be affected by wind?

And watching the dripping water makes me wonder ... is there any possibility this water could be frozen to make ice and icicles?

23. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Yes, heavy rain there is already in version 1.3.5 (i send it from a week, we waiting only Unity asset store team).
    Other ideas can be implemented easily. Great idea the drop freeze! :)

24. olix4242

olix4242

"Is this tech compatible with the Oculus Rift?"
    No, it isn't. Or at least, not the camera effect (but it works for cascade). For the same reason that I stated before (disability to put them on a single plane). Waterdrops are positioned on various Z-depths, so that with oculus you get drops that are positioned like floating in space, and not on a single plane. I don't know if there is a mode to limit this water drop positioning on a same z-depth. Also, a performance impact on a rendering is huge. My framerate with Oculus drops from 60fps without effect, to 15fps with effect. But, for a normal singlee camera rendering, the performance is OK. I suppose that a problem is an optimisation question (later on that)

" I do not have a device Oclulus available to testing it "
    I can test it for you ;) But I am sure that a real way to do it would be to optimise it from this mixed effect to a 2D plane effect. If you can enable it to work with a single plane (drops and streaks) that plane could be positioned in front of (2 cameras for oculus) and it would work nice. It should be also optimised so that it renders only one time, and not two times (per eye rendering), as a refraction distorsion can be the same for both eyes (eye divergence here doesn't matter much).
    Even if you dont have Oculus, you can try using it's SDK, that should be enough to resolve thiss problems.
    Keep on on a good work, and good luck :)

25. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Thank you for your test! Very helpful for me. I will work on increasing performance but I do not think I'll make it compatible for the Oculus for now. Maybe in the future. Thanks!:)

26. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Can i use this also to have some blood splash effects while it rain? Can you make a video tutorial on how to make this?

27. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Sure. I'll make a tutorial on each effect. I have a lot of work to do especially on the splash effect on which I have many ideas.
    However, each effect can be run with the others. Splash effect and rain effect already work together seamlessly.

28. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    hopeful likes this.
  29. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Would like to know if this is working on a modern mobile.
    Any infos about that?
    Can i use it with open gl es 3 (or even with ogl es 2) or do it use shader model 3? What about the other platforms, what restrictions do they have?

30. radimoto

radimoto

I would be interested if you can project this effect onto a plane (as asked above by olix4242).
    This would be useful to add rain effects to the windscreen of a racing car...

31. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Your resolution on your videos is way to low and blurry.. i cant see if you have rain or if its any good at all. Hell i can barely see anything at all in your videos....Every now and then ill see a blurry refractive thing on the screen but thats it. Honestly i cant even tell what this product is... rain effect? a screen water on glass lookn effect? thunder? I mean... its just really that blurry and that bad.

Also yea... if it is rain...i definently need support for occulus rift. Otherwise its a no go for me.

By the way you probably dont need an occulus rift to test.. just download the occulus rift plugin in unity.. and enter play mode.. it still treats it as 1 screen so u can see both eyes in 1 screen or at least thats as far as i know.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  32. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I also would like to let it rain over a helmet.

33. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Will I be able to implement a new kind of effect that will be called "Drops on Mesh" that will be the equivalent Drop On Screen effect but obviously over the objects. But I can't create the Trial Drop effect over the objects. It would be too costly in terms of performance.

Yes but for the same reasons mentioned above, the Trial dops will be applicable only to the glass of the car's player. 'll Implement in the next version or on v1.5.

True,the quality video is poor (hight resolution but bad compression). I replace last video now:

But i make this video to show only the thunders effect in Liquidum and not rain or other effect.
    Then I will install occulus rift plugin and try to make it compatible.

This is the sheder property, SM2.0 vertex shader.

34. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

35. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

awesome sounds good :) I've always been a big fan of rain... and unity has been lacking in that department for a long long time.

36. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Tnx..

And now (from v1.4) Liquidum is full compatible with Oculus Rift.;)

37. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

38. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Now (on v1.4) wind affect implemented.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    hopeful likes this.
  39. TDH_DrThirteen

TDH_DrThirteen

Am I the only one that has performance issues with this asset?

fps drop from 200 to around 60-90 in my scene

Any tips on how to reduce the performance drop?

40. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

I'm working to resolve any performance problems ...

hopeful likes this.
  41. TDH_DrThirteen

TDH_DrThirteen

Great asset though and great support :)

42. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

LIQUIDUM v1.4 is out.

(performance improved by 30% in 1.4.5 version).

hopeful likes this.
  43. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  44. MarcoPiccinini

MarcoPiccinini

Hi Wilez, this asset is awesome! :) I'm trying to include the effect to an Oculus Rift DK2 project.
    I simply drag "Liquidum_Effect" prefab into the "LeftEyeAnchor" GameObject, but I'm unable to see the planes (distortion, static, ecc..). Is there something I have to tweak or configure in order to let Oculus cameras work properly? Thanks!

45. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Hi Marco (are you italian?).
    Drag the prefab into your character/player main gameobject not into a single eye. Sincerely I forget to try the last version of asset with Oculus. :rolleyes:
    I work on it tomorrow.
    If you have problems, send me a mail: wilez@wilez.it .

MarcoPiccinini likes this.
  46. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

LIQUIDUM 1.4.5 UPDATE

1) Added WheatherEventAreas
    2) Added third demo with WheatherEventAreas examples
    3) Documentation updated
    4) Hail effect adjustments
    5) Snow effect adjustments
    6) Minor bug fixes.

hopeful likes this.
  47. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

So, I think the asset looks and feels great, but it's killing my frame rate. Just to enable the script cuts my framerate from 90 to 35.....I have tried everything in the script settings too, It's just too performance intensive to use at this time for me.

48. paulojsam

paulojsam

i notice that also, what can i do to improve performance

49. olix4242

olix4242

I have a problems that I'm unable to resolve.
    -Screen drops and trails effect won't work if a camera isn't set to depth -1 . Well it works innittialy, but as soon as a change fov it stops. The solution is to change depth order to something smaller than -1. But I have a project that depends a lot from camera ordering, so it would require modifications that are complex.
    -Second problem is that screen drops aren't influenced by the Depth of field effect. It would be nice to have an option if we want it to be influenced (written in depth buffer) or not. For my project it is essential.

50. paulojsam

paulojsam

How to make it work with UFPS i wonder